Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: October 2017 Challenge: The Story of Golthra and Iriana

It does sound like an issue with the driver, and it's a shame for your challenge map, but I'd be more concerned with getting this sorted, as it could be weeks/months before there's a new driver.

I know you said Krita crashes a lot for you, but what would happen if you opened a small file, say 250x250px, and just drew a few squiggly lines with your tablet. Do you get any issues/oddness with Krita? Just wondering if it's a Gimp-only problem, or a system wide tablet issue that affects every drawing program.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

You know... I really hadn't thought of trying that.

Now I just have to remember where I put the Krita installer... having uninstalled during a spring clean of my drives

Be back in a few mintues

I discovered I still had Krita installed. (Must have been something else I uninstalled)

For some reason, and I don't think this is tablet related, since it happens with or without the tablet, Krita fails to refresh. I drew something, nothing appeared at all. It wasn't until I gave up and tried to close the app that everything I had been invisibly doodling suddenly appeared!

Is that normal for Krita?

I don't remember it being like that before. It just used to crash all the time if I wanted to make a map that was larger than about 2000 px square, which is why I gave up with it.

Tablet use in general is pretty normal. I can open/close all kinds of files no problem, and write myself sticky notes. So it seems that only GIMP is affected.

The driver I was given by Wacom is version 5.3.5-3, and my tablet model is CTL-471/K(A). The driver isn't available on their standard download site, so I guess I must have been given some kind of Beta rush job. And all this because of a Win 10 update that cost me a quarter of my monthly broadband limit! LOL!

I've read that people can sometimes experience lag with Krita, though I thought working with a small file would avoid that. That sounds like some serious lag, though! Perhaps it is a driver problem, just manifesting in a different way on Krita. Not sure though (Linux user here, I just plug in my tablet and it works. Not that I'm being smug or anything!)

Sorry, Mouse, not sure what to suggest. Perhaps asking in a Gimp forum might get you some suggestions, or at least the comfort of knowing that others are suffering alongside you!!
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Hmph! *mutter-mutter-mutter* LOL!

Thank you for all the help this evening ChickPea

Its gone midnight here (as you know), and I'm feeling a bit worn down after all the weirdness and disappointment today, so I think the best thing I can do right now is head for bed and try again in the morning. I'll talk to Wacom again and see what they have to say about their driver, and take it from there

Guild Expert

Have you tried rolling back the update? I'm almost certain it's from the fall creators update as my drivers are f'd as well. Since the update my pen and keyboard drivers are all screwed up and if you look through the Microsoft help forum you'll see that other people are having driver issues as well. I'm pretty sure it's possible to go back on you're update as some people have said they did this and problems were resolved. I managed to get my pen working again but my on screen keyboard which I depend on has a major lag, it took me an hour to type a message that should have taken five minutes just today...I'm using my I pad to type this one...ALLOT of people are having major issues with the big new windows update, hopefully they resolve the issue with a new update soon because my keyboard is absolutely unusable and my pen is on and off. I'm not exactly sure how to roll back the update off hand but I'm sure a quick google search wouldn't hurt in finding out...

And the map looks great btw, hopefully you can get this resolved in time.

Edit... you definitely can roll it back to a previous build I just checked, but you'll have to google how just type rolling back windows 10 fall creators update...sorry I don't know how to copy a link from my iPad.

Thank you v. much for concern and trying to help

Broadband cutting out. Weak patches in am under certain weather conditions here. Lost PM to Straf - he's trying to help behind scenes - sorry Straf!

Can't rollback - depend on Windows Defender for antivirus protection. Have to stay with it. What I feel about Microsoft now utterly unprintable!!!! !£%£$%£$%"£$%"£$%

Sorry for short message

Not sulking. Too old to sulk. Back when I can

I really like it and the intense coloring. Very eye-catching!

Thank you, Scott

Its been withdrawn. I can't finish it in time because my Wacom tablet isn't working. The Win 10 update that messed up the tablet drivers also seems to have destabilised GIMP, which has crashed without reason on me 5 times so far this morning.

I am resigned to the fact that as a challenge entry this map is now a complete non-runner, but when we get this problem sorted out I intend to finish it in a separate WIP thread

Sorry to hear about your withdrawing, it was shaping up as an excellent map.

Trying to talk with Microsoft is like trying to talk to the moon, no point. All they see their customers as now, is as a data resource to exploit and to sell to others, in other words their users aren't actually their customers any more. If I wasn't into computer games I'dve gone for Linux years ago as all the programs I really care about have Linux versions (Blender, Krita, Open Office, 3 Coat etc.). If they go much further down the data mining route though, this will be my last Windows machine.

Wacom support on the other hand, I've had quite pleasant experiences with, they helped me with my problem quite willingly and eventually it was rectified due entirely to their participation.

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 LastLast