Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: October 2017 Challenge: The Story of Golthra and Iriana

Just quickly before I zoom off for the day...

Thank you rdanhenry

Re: NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) mentioned over on Daistallia's thread - I would, but I can't. 10,000 words per day used to be my average rate, but that was all a very long time ago (and before I was working a conventional job). So, since I would probably only manage about 2-3000 a day these days, all I can do is wish you luck

2000 words per day would easily nail it in 30 days

Quote Originally Posted by Straf View Post
    1667, to be specific.

Ah, NaNoWriMo... someday that would be fun. But first I think I'll aim for a picture book... with zero words.. my average per day.

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Great to see you in this challenge ! I have two concerns : for me, the colors of the border are too « candy-like », and second : will you have enough room for the map ? The story is great, but you already filled almost half of the page... I know you're afraid of a regional map, but you shouldn’t, because you will do a great map, and you will need room to show that map !

Quote Originally Posted by Straf View Post
    That's before I hack 60-70% of it out as "unnecessary clap-trap and stuffing", which in truth leaves me with only about 600 words good writing a day out of that 2000.

Quote Originally Posted by Daistallia View Post
    1667, to be specific.
    I still wouldn't make it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chashio View Post
    Ah, NaNoWriMo... someday that would be fun. But first I think I'll aim for a picture book... with zero words.. my average per day.
    Maybe that's what I should do

Quote Originally Posted by - JO - View Post
    Great to see you in this challenge ! I have two concerns : for me, the colors of the border are too « candy-like », and second : will you have enough room for the map ? The story is great, but you already filled almost half of the page... I know you're afraid of a regional map, but you shouldn’t, because you will do a great map, and you will need room to show that map !
    Thanks Jo.

Like I said to Diamond, the colours will change as I work. They always do. The text.... I was thinking the same thing myself, but I'm not sure whether to shrink it down or what.

Maybe I need to make the entire map a bit wider, but that would spoil its Golden Rectangle proportions

I think I will go for shrining the text

EDIT: you can tell I'm tired. I keep missing the letter on my keyboard! LOL! I meant that I think I will shrink the text
    Last edited by Mouse; 10-09-2017 at 01:08 PM.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Very nice colors Mouse - looking forward to seeing the knots ... and give NaNoWriMo a whirl.. I might try to join as well
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Thanks Tilt

I can see the colours are going to be a point that people either like or hate. I will have to see if I can find some kind of neutral ground by the end of the month.

About NaNoWriMo - I'd like to have a go at the Pearls novel triggered by last months Challenge map, but I've already written a bit of it. Is that allowed? To have already started something like that? Its only a couple of thousand words, and its not planned out properly yet, but it IS already started. I bet that would be considered cheating, wouldn't it?

Chashio! I just thought of something.

If it's true that a 'picture paints a thousand words', then that would mean a picture book of 50 pictures in a month.

I wonder if they would allow it?

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    That's before I hack 60-70% of it out as "unnecessary clap-trap and stuffing", which in truth leaves me with only about 600 words good writing a day out of that 2000.
    That's what you don't do during NaNoWriMo. Hack out "unnecessary clap-trap and stuffing" in December. NaNoWriMo is about telling your inner editor to shut up and let you just write. That way you can get a first draft done in a month and move on to the editing and polishing.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast