Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: October 2017 Challenge: The Story of Golthra and Iriana

I wouldn't worry about it. I've been bouncing all over my map. Normally I do all of the mountain ranges, then the rivers, then the forests, then what ever other natural features I intend, then the filler terrain fills, then the cities and towns.... This time it's like I'm mapping each section from start to finish.... only I keep jumping around the sections...lol
    Like a thief in the night
    she comes with no form
    yet tranquility proceeds
    the accursed storm...

check out my new Deviant Art page!
    https://www.deviantart.com/ladiestorm

Well yours looking really good, and certainly not that disorganised! LOL!

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

wow.. looks really great.. I love the dragon, very dangerous and good choice on the border. Love the red sigil as well, very nice... looking forward to the map itself
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Blog Entries

oh.. and maybe put a shadow under the shields, they seem flat with the 3D dragon on them
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::

Thanks Tilt

The newest version (not yet uploaded because its not got any more of a map on it than the last one) has lost the sigil... and the pasted document... and... well, its a bit different but not different enough just yet. I have, however, added shadows to the shields

Hope to have at least a few background mountains in the next update. Might not happen today - I have a few appointments to get to.

A few wild oscillations of colour, and a test mountain.

The mountain is what I am most concerned about at the moment. It took me nearly 30 minutes to get this one little mountain sorted out, and I'm not sure its right. This is not a permanent fixture in the map - just a trial run. I think I might have gone overboard with the detail just a bit.

The text looks horrible at the moment, but that's something I will worry about after the map is done. I have a feeling the landmass behind it will be quite dark, which is why I turned it white.

Shadows on the shields as promised

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Golthra and Iriana 12.jpg 
Views:	290 
Size:	5.45 MB 
ID:	100327

Blog Entries

Really lovely mountain though... but you have to find balance between that and the time you have available
    regs tilt

Thanks Tilt

I know - but I was sorting out the exact colours and blending modes involved at the same time. Hopefully the rest won't take quite so long. Now I just have to decide where everything is and start drawing

Are you "pulling a Thurian" on us ? If so, kudos !

I had to look that one up, Thomas, and I'm not really sure I understand correctly (since there are so many different styles of map that go with the Kull stories), but if you mean drawing a regional map in the style I've hinted at above, then yes I am

The question is - can I get really good at it in the space of just 10 days

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast