Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tree Bark - Looking for a texture or bitmap fill

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Unfortunately no one else can do it for you, since although you can alter the texture and do anything you like with it (I frequently do), you aren't supposed to give your altered texture to anyone else. The other person has to do it for themselves.
    I have to disagree. It's a problem when one modifies someone else's texture and posts it online without the original maker's permission. Under the laws of many countries that amounts to publishing and/or distributing the modified texture, and it is illegal, particularly if it violates the license under which the original texture was made available.

However, I see no problems in making such a modification and sending it on to a friend as a private E-Mail attachment.
    Mark Oliva
    The Vintyri (TM) Project

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Oliva View Post
    I have to disagree. It's a problem when one modifies someone else's texture and posts it online without the original maker's permission. Under the laws of many countries that amounts to publishing and/or distributing the modified texture, and it is illegal, particularly if it violates the license under which the original texture was made available.

However, I see no problems in making such a modification and sending it on to a friend as a private E-Mail attachment.
    I speak from experience, Mark, since someone attacked me for doing almost exactly that with 4 tiny symbols last year - editing them and sending them to a friend by private email .
    Last edited by Mouse; 10-17-2017 at 07:55 AM.

There are some on DundJinni. Here is a link to Google Images where you can find some of them.
    https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...E5T89c#imgrc=_

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123