Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: [WIP] Hand drawn regional map

Guild Apprentice

Wow, the map looks fantastic! The sheer amount of patience and drawing-precision that must have gone into it is incredible. You should have been a surgeon or something! As for the differences in color-tones due to the pens, I didn't notice that until you mentioned it--I was way too busy admiring all the details.

Wip

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    Holy cow, you are a madman. This is purely amazing to me. I'm with Naima, it does look almost real. Great job.
    Thank you Diamond! I think I am a bit madman. I hope the map was all worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lars View Post
    Wow, the map looks fantastic! The sheer amount of patience and drawing-precision that must have gone into it is incredible. You should have been a surgeon or something! As for the differences in color-tones due to the pens, I didn't notice that until you mentioned it--I was way too busy admiring all the details.
    Thank you Lars! It's quite fun what you said, because my mother used to say that I should be a surgeon because I have such steady hands. But I've never had any interest in health care so I decided to study geography and draw maps.

- - -

The map is finished now! I will post a thread to finished maps soon, but that will have to wait until I have corrected the scan a little bit. The colours are hard to scan but the quality is still better than in a photograph.

However, there is still one WIP picture I want to share, so here is the map in the phase when all the land areas were coloured, but sea not.

There's also great news that this map was selected to a local art exhibition, showing works from young people from Häme area in Finland. I guess not many here can come to Finland to see it but I wanted to say it anyway!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CG_26.3..jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	1.53 MB 
ID:	114494  
    www.orbigraphia.com - More maps also in instagram @orbigraphia

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345