Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Guild Dungeon

Blog Entries

A square is 1.524m and should be approx 100 pixels or 66 pixels per m if you prefer.

Don't worry Red, I'm just joking around

LOL! I'm a Brit, 51 years old, and I was raised metric, so D&D were already behind the times back when they set it in feet and inches

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
    I know but I'm french so they can go and boil their bottoms. I blow my nose at the, so-called "Dungeons" and all their silly Drag-uns ! (Straf, come to my help here, please)
    Their mothers are hamsters and their fathers smell of elderberries!

I've never done a dungeon before. Maybe I'll take a stab at it.

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    A square is 1.524m and should be approx 100 pixels or 66 pixels per m if you prefer.
    Sorry for my dumbness... If I make a new document of 2000 px by 2000 px, and I adjust John's grid on the whole document, I'm OK ? (And my corridors are 1 or 2 square wide)

Blog Entries

Yeah that would be fine. Its only approximate just so that we dont have a massive change in resolution when you blend them together on the zoomy map.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    LOL! I'm a Brit, 51 years old, and I was raised metric, so D&D were already behind the times back when they set it in feet and inches
    It's not so much that it's in feet and inches that drives me nuts, that is easy to understand (Canadian raised, so I got both under my belt. Canadian construction is all done in feet and inches and it's a way better way to measure things at that scale), but even the imperial system has yards, no one in reality uses 5 ft increments to measure things (because it's a stupid way to do things). That of course is entirely my own pet peeve and my hatred of 5ft x 5ft squares may be bordering on incoherent lunacy.

Aw, Falconius

Lets just say its a square that to scale is a tad shorter than the average woman on both sides, and that each of those sides is 100 px long - where you need to worry about things like resolution

We can call them "short people lying down squares" lol. Perhaps SPLDS or splads for ease of use. I like that conception of them Mouse, thanks

Blog Entries

It would have made more sense to have had 3'x3' so that its 1 yard. Or 3 yds x 3yds which is 9'x9'. But in old school D&D it was always 10' squares I think to make it easy to count up the number of feet if you cast a spell like say lighning bolt which traveled a certain distance in feet. IMO they should have done all the spells in yards instead.

I think its all imperial because a) D&D was done in the US and enlightenment in that land has taken while to master and b) D&D is fantasy based on middle ages and esp a Tolkienesque world where Tolkien wrote the Hobbit pre metric age too.

And before you all troll me about enlightenment, try going into a bar in the UK and asking for a litre of beer. Not happening. We're very much half and half imperial here too.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast