Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: A dark and dusty corridor beckons you..... [J.Ed dungeon 01]

There are some excellent connectors going on in here. A bit intimidating though, I don't think I could do a dungeon that lives up to the quality of its corridors.

Blog Entries

Its a community project, the maps that make it up are going to be of different styles and standards. Few of us can get anywhere approaching J.E's standards but the point is to just get stuck in and have a go. Id rather people produce poor sections than no sections or sections that are not half done. The nice thing about this dungeon is that you can make up a few squares for just one room and spend the time on a small bit. Theres no allocation of space to fill or requirement about its shape. Its very open ended and you get to say when its done and ready to put on the jigsaw so if your not happy with it then no big deal.

G'worn, Straf!

You know you want to have a go

None of us are up to John's standards, but we're still all mapping....

Its more about being part of something special and different, than how beautiful it looks when its finished - though I'm sure it will be beautiful to look at, or at the very least completely absorbing to examine. Part of the beauty of it all is that no two parts will ever be done the same way, so it will never be called a boring map!

Quote Originally Posted by Azelor View Post
    You work pretty fast and it look good. Even if it's just a sketch.
    Thanks Azelor
    I spent a good amount of time practicing to speed up my work.
    I used to be a lot slower. A lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Straf View Post
    There are some excellent connectors going on in here. A bit intimidating though, I don't think I could do a dungeon that lives up to the quality of its corridors.
    Just have fun with it. That's mainly what it's about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    Its a community project... I'd rather people produce poor sections than no sections or sections that are not half done. The nice thing about this dungeon is that .... Its very open ended... so if your not happy with it then no big deal.
    Yep - all of that there ^^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    G'worn, Straf!
    Its more about being part of something special and different, than how beautiful it looks when its finished - it will never be called a boring map!
    Too true.

And Red - here's the 90 degree section.
    ### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Not so dark and dire dungeon 04.9 by jstevenson.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	133.9 KB 
ID:	101427

Blog Entries

Hey fab stuff. Thats perfect and I got it all connected up. I'll just check the other threads and then ill upload a new latest big map.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567