Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dreadnought

What does DEW stand for? It'd be nice if the acronym were spelled out somewhere on the diagram. Or am I overlooking it?

Unfortunately, the font seems to have a poorly chosen glyph for the number 8. When I was first scanning the diagram I assumed it was a 0 with a horizontal slash through it. (A diagonal slash or a dash or dot in the middle is often used in glyphs of the number 0 to help distinguish it from the letter O.)

Also, there seems to be a typo: "132 - 130 Point Defense Batteries" perhaps was intended to be "132-138" or perhaps some substantially larger value.

Otherwise, it looks quite good!
    Selden

Professional Artist Guild Donor Sapiento's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by selden View Post
    What does DEW stand for? It'd be nice if the acronym were spelled out somewhere on the diagram. Or am I overlooking it?

Unfortunately, the font seems to have a poorly chosen glyph for the number 8. When I was first scanning the diagram I assumed it was a 0 with a horizontal slash through it. (A diagonal slash or a dash or dot in the middle is often used in glyphs of the number 0 to help distinguish it from the letter O.)

Also, there seems to be a typo: "132 - 130 Point Defense Batteries" perhaps was intended to be "132-138" or perhaps some substantially larger value.

Otherwise, it looks quite good!
    DEW means Direct Energy Weapon
    Thanks for the hint for the typo.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12