Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dungeon of Despair [ScottDA dungeon 01]

Wip Dungeon of Despair [ScottDA dungeon 01]

A little something I've been toying with.... Hope it meets all the criteria.

### Latest WIP ###

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dungeon of Despair.JPG 
Views:	77 
Size:	5.84 MB 
ID:	101361

Oh that's... ummm.... I was going to say beautiful, but its REALLY gory! LOL!

The only thing I can see that's a bit jarring is the stone wall fill is a bit pixelated. You might want to reduce the scale on it just a bit?

Red will replace most of that earth coloured fill with plain black - unless you swap it out for black yourself?

Yes, I did notice the pixelated walls after I'd saved the image as a JPG. I've fixed the pixely wall stones and changed the dirt brown to black. Still needs some tinkering. If being gory is against CG rules I can tone it down.... I just figured every dungeon needs a torture chamber.

No rules against gory

There would have been something wrong with me if I called it 'beautiful', though

'impressive' would have been better

Well, it could be beautiful for the colors and not the subject matter.... Actually, I may take out the splotches of blood, anyway, as I'm noticing they look pale and more like wads of gum against that red stone floor....

### Latest WIP ###

Views:	57 
Size:	5.91 MB 
ID:	101377

LOL! I'm sorry. I shouldn't laugh - and it isn't at you. I thought they were patches of skin, and you had mapped the lair of Hannibal Lecter! (I'm such a goon!)

Looks really smart, and a lot better for the smaller scale of the stonework fill

Actually, that's not far off, as I had the Hellraiser films in mind when I was doing it! Pinhead, Hannibal Lecter... whichever!

Anyway, I cleaned it up some, organized things better, and gave it more of an actual direction. I think its much better now, and unless someone spots something, I think I'm done with my little round dungeon of depspair.

### Latest WIP ###

Views:	53 
Size:	5.82 MB 
ID:	101429

Blog Entries

Brilliant work. Pop a note to this on the sticky of finished maps if you decide not to make any more changes to it then.

Theres a couple of odd pale triangles on the stone ring left and right. It looks like a thing thats known as Z fighting. Cant be sure what app this is made on but it looks as tho you have two textures on two layers that are both set to the same Z order. So something that a 3D app like blender might run into. Otherwise it looks fine to me. I esp like some of the icons. I wish I had that rack when I was doing my dungeon lair the other week.
    Last edited by Redrobes; 11-19-2017 at 06:43 PM.

Its CC3, and that Z fighting is sometimes caused by the bevel effect, particularly around sharp corners. Its a tricky one to compensate for, but it usually behaves itself if you reduce the bevel so that its only just there. Some textures are better than others, but it would be a shame to change the texture since it works so well with the rest of the map.

You could try reducing the percentage of the bevel, Scott?

Other than that use the other bevel - whichever is the other bevel to the one you are currently using.

Ah! I did not see those. Yes, I'm sure its the bevel. Well, as that's on the outside wall I could get rid of the bevel altogether, probably. Let me play with it some and see what I can do. I'll reduce the bevel and if that doesn't work I'll get rid of it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast