Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: Guildworld - Open Countries and Updates 2017

I do know I'm very late to this but I assume all the regions are taken at this point?

Not at all there are still a few open. Also there are a few that have been long abandoned, and as far as I'm concerned if you win that race (what is it 4 years after it started? 5?) and finish one of those it's yours. Though I have no official capacity to make such a declaration alone.
    Last edited by Falconius; 03-28-2020 at 01:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Falconius View Post
    Not at all there are still a few open. Also there are a few that have been long abandoned, and as far as I'm concerned if you win that race (what is it 4 years after it started? 5?) and finish one of those it's yours. Though I have no official capacity to make such a declaration alone.
    I'm kinda with ya on that. If someone isn't going to complete their country in this amount of time, i sort of think they probably won't finish it.

@Ifrix What section would you want to take a stab at?

Not sure. I'd prefer to work on more temperate or 'northern' climates though I'd be perfectly happy to work on anything.

It does look like 61 hasn't been started and has some interesting options however I would of course have to ask Neyasha.

There's also a few ''abandoned'' regions in the Old World.

Quote Originally Posted by Ifrix View Post
    Not sure. I'd prefer to work on more temperate or 'northern' climates though I'd be perfectly happy to work on anything.

It does look like 61 hasn't been started and has some interesting options however I would of course have to ask Neyasha.
    You can take 61, Ifrix! I really wanted to work on it, but to be honest I'm suffering from a kind of "cartographer's block" and I'm already feeling very guilty for not starting the map. So I'd be glad to hand it over to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Neyasha View Post
    You can take 61, Ifrix! I really wanted to work on it, but to be honest I'm suffering from a kind of "cartographer's block" and I'm already feeling very guilty for not starting the map. So I'd be glad to hand it over to you.
    Thanks so much. I know how you feel with cartographer's block so hopefully you can get past it and back to mapping. There were a few other inactive places on the map so you might be able to grab one of those when you return

Regarding starting, anything to know or any files to grab? I did take a look at the borders however I'm not sure which is the most up to date as the one on the zoomable full map seems to have different borders to the one on the first page of this thread
    (EDIT - nevermind, found the borders earlier on in the thread)
    Last edited by Ifrix; 04-03-2020 at 07:14 AM.

There's the page for the scale, which should fit the map at the size provided, though you can enlarge the map more if you'd like.
    Just enlarge the scale along with it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Country 61.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	104.9 KB 
ID:	121326

Blog Entries

Here is the space on the zoomy map thats waiting to be filled. It looks to me to be about the same as J.E's version although it looks on my map as though the right hand edge is marked differently. Use J.E.s border map diagram. You must stick to the borders to the sea or else my sea texture wont match up with the land. But personally it wont matter to me whether you map some of the islands halfway to #62 as part of your map or part of #62. Although looking at J.E.s post I can see that he has put a dotted line out to sea to specify who maps each island.

Its quite helpful to me if you can post a map WIP early on where you fix down the image size so that when you complete it I have had a copy of an image where the border is quite clear. Often peoples borders are clear on the final map so its never a problem but sometimes they blur their mapping right across the borders and its hard to know where the area edge is.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Area61.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	243.3 KB 
ID:	121334  
    Last edited by Redrobes; 04-03-2020 at 10:47 AM.

Hey, I have # 62 so don't give that away. I admit i need to put some finishing touches on it and it's been gathering dust but it's not far from being complete.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast