Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Unnamed [Voolf's Dungeon 1]

Gorgeous!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Blog Entries

I am really enjoying watching the process of this map. Such wonderful line art going on it is, as has been said, just perfection. I know that your sector maps in the guild city were just superb too. I have nothing to say to add to your map at all but I am curious as to what lies around the map border. How do you see this fitting into a landscape ?

What I would like to do is to link this to some place on the guild city and make this map into the centre piece to another whole zoomy map which is the surface layer to the guild dungeon. I'd love to see some more map sorrounding this one which also has to blend into the place where we all decide that it would best fit in the city map. I may have a go at a map like that.

I think it would then be great to do another whole guild dungeon which has a few restrictions where the dungeon has to have exits to the top side at the same locations in scale to the cave entrances on this map and also have exits going down to points that work out on the current guild dungeon being done.

Then we could go to GuildWorld, then to GuildCity, then to this map with sorroundings, then down to level 1 and then down to the currently mapped guild dungeon level 2.

It would be extremely cool if one of the blank sectors at the edge of guild city were to have some rail tracks heading into a scaled down version of this map. It will take a little planning to ensure that all of the scale is correct but I think that bit I could easily do to create the template of the area to scale.

Thanks Arsheesh.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    I am really enjoying watching the process of this map. Such wonderful line art going on it is, as has been said, just perfection. I know that your sector maps in the guild city were just superb too. I have nothing to say to add to your map at all but I am curious as to what lies around the map border. How do you see this fitting into a landscape ?
    To be honest i jump in quickly into this project without much thinking. After some time i realized this may be actually difficult to connect to other sections. If i would widen the map i would imagine just more bedrock on sides. My initial thought was to depict a dungeon with stairs going down and up along with some paths to give the "multi-level" dimension. I did not wanted to make many maps with different levels of dungeon but to give impression of multi-level on a single map.

What I would like to do is to link this to some place on the guild city and make this map into the centre piece to another whole zoomy map which is the surface layer to the guild dungeon. I'd love to see some more map sorrounding this one which also has to blend into the place where we all decide that it would best fit in the city map. I may have a go at a map like that.
    That is absolutely great idea. You can pick a small place on the guild city map and i can draw a small dungeon/cave entrence there. If you want, you can draw it i don't mind. Or we can give some more work to John. I believe it will be 5 minute work for him

I think it would then be great to do another whole guild dungeon which has a few restrictions where the dungeon has to have exits to the top side at the same locations in scale to the cave entrances on this map and also have exits going down to points that work out on the current guild dungeon being done.

Then we could go to GuildWorld, then to GuildCity, then to this map with sorroundings, then down to level 1 and then down to the currently mapped guild dungeon level 2.

It would be extremely cool if one of the blank sectors at the edge of guild city were to have some rail tracks heading into a scaled down version of this map. It will take a little planning to ensure that all of the scale is correct but I think that bit I could easily do to create the template of the area to scale.
    Yeah, we would need a scale. If you want to use my map as the first with the entrence i guess that map would dictate the scale...?
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

Blog Entries

I am pretty sure that this map would show up as a space on a guild city sector more than just a dot. I think this map could be incorporated into the terrain of a sector and then you have the entrance right there. In guild city we have buildings showing up and this map is several hundred feet across so its a good splat on a map. I'll sort out the scaling and provide a template and you or I or someone else could map and keep the existing bits in place.

Your map doesnt have a scale yet but thats a hand card on the rail track. So that makes the rails about 2'6" wide or about 50cm. So its pretty much fixed for the scale. Its just a matter or getting it placed into a sector at that correct scale.

Oh, so you want to use my map not as the subterranean, but ground level map? The rock around are actually hills/mountains going up ?
    New Horizons

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons

Support:

Blog Entries

Appologies ! I thought that is what it was. I thought the stonework in the top left was a ruined building rather than a cave. I guess as soon as you colour it then it would have instantly made it clear. You just carry on with your map as you intended it. Maybe this one will be level 1 and the current dungeon will be level two. This one looks closer to the surface since it has the rail cart. I will plan a map with the rail tracks going up to some entrances then.

Haha, sorry to make you confuse.... i understand that it can be seen as ground level map without the colour it can be interpret that way.
    Maybe i can make one more sector of Guild City with this kind of rail layout later at some point?
    New Horizons

Support:

Here is first colour update. I am now trying to choose right colours for everything. Those are the latest pick, but i probably change them later. Added some basic light sources to help me with the shading later.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Guild Dungeon_v1.8.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	815.7 KB 
ID:	101918

Btw. Redrobes, i *think* i can make this map as a ground level. I could make a dark pit a water level, and everything else is just stone hills or a mountain with carved passages. Could be nice to try make two versions. Maybe i will
    New Horizons

Support:

I love it. The details and lightning are really cool.

Small update

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Guild Dungeon_v1.9.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	45.0 KB 
ID:	101959
    New Horizons

Support:

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast