Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Unnamed [Voolf's Dungeon 1]

Looks great with the colors!

Blog Entries

The colour make its all a lot clearer what is going on. So there is a chasm or pit around this central stone ? I think its better if its not a surface map as it would not make sense why they tunneled down to get to it. J.E may be doing a bit of the guild city sector with potentially a place that we can use to get down to this level.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    The colour make its all a lot clearer what is going on. So there is a chasm or pit around this central stone ? I think its better if its not a surface map as it would not make sense why they tunneled down to get to it. J.E may be doing a bit of the guild city sector with potentially a place that we can use to get down to this level.
    Sure no problem Redrobes.

I come with an update. These walls were a pain to shade, a lot of work, so i decided to speed up process and go with less time consuming method, but the result is not as nice as i would like it to be. Nevertheless i think it still looks quite ok. There is still lighting missing on the whole map except the bottom right part.

Now i will proceed with the ground and everything on it (rails etc.) and leave lighting and highlights as last step.

I am not convinced with the water colour. I want some bright colour that will illuminate the center of the map, but this one is so so. Maybe you have some ideas ?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Guild Dungeon_v2.0.jpg 
Views:	267 
Size:	907.1 KB 
ID:	102162
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Greg's Avatar

This is looking really great since I last checked on it Voolf!

I see what you mean about the water, though it's quite difficult to tell as it stands. Were you going to fill the central black areas with it too (or a darker version of it) or is that not all water down there?

Personally, I'd just leave the water colour be for now and wait until you've got to doing the final highlights and lighting to see what balances the map best. I always like a slightly teal coloured water, but I guess you could even change it up and make it lava like in my map with a proper red glow?

Whatever, the case, looking forwards to your next update!

Thank you Greg, i followed you advice i left the water for now.
    As for the black area, i will either leave it black, or try to draw very dim adittional corridors (i will expariment, if nothing good will come out with that i will leave it black)

Partial update with more shadow and lights !

Name:	Guild Dungeon_v2.1.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	384.4 KB 
ID:	102204
    New Horizons

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons

Support:

Ok i think the version for the global map is done
    Redrobes you can take that for the big map and place it wherever you want (if it fit somewhere :/)

Name:	Guild Dungeon_v1.3_finished.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	102250

I will make some simple border and add last touches for the Finished map section, so stay tuned if you don't want to miss it
    New Horizons

Support:

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Greg's Avatar

Looks really good, Voolf!

I think the new water is a lot better too with the more subtle glow from the rocks instead. Plus the rest of the new lighting and shadow you've done looks absolutely fabulous too!

Don't think I've got a bad thing to say about it at all! Really great stuff Voolf.

Not sure, but Redrobes might need pure black for the edges in the community map.

Fantastic map Voolf!
    The water is more realistic. If that's what you tried to express, you did it very well
    And those lights!
    The "Goonies" mood is still in the air!
    Bravo!

This is fantastic. I love the lighting and the sense of depth. Very well done.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Top notch work, Voolf!

I love the unique details like the little lines cut in the stone slab in the green-lit cave

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast