Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fungi Alley [Neyjour dungeon 01]

ChickPea - Thank you!

Blog Entries

I like this a lot. Its very moody and atmospheric. It gives the shivers just looking at it and imagining going down it with what kind of stuff is lurking. It looks like this part could connect to mouses one.

Redrobes - Thanks! Yeah, Mouse's map would be a good partner for this one, with the similar dramatic lighting.

Here's a small update. Added some more shrooms, darkened the floor a bit, and made some slight adjustments to the lighting/glow.

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fungi-Alley-[Neyjour-dungeon-01]-WIP-03.png 
Views:	46 
Size:	3.95 MB 
ID:	101498

The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of some kind of mushroom-monster with vine/tentacle legs that hides in the denser clusters, and can move around at will (ie., chase the players). I need to look through my mushroom photo collection and see if I can find one that looks creepy.

Quote Originally Posted by Neyjour View Post
    The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of some kind of mushroom-monster with vine/tentacle legs that hides in the denser clusters, and can move around at will (ie., chase the players). I need to look through my mushroom photo collection and see if I can find one that looks creepy.
    After I read this, I thought it would be funny to post a couple pictures of creepy D&D type mushroom creatures so I did a Google search for "Creepy Mushrooms" Yes I did get a couple of odd looking drawings of mushroom monsters, But there was nothing that compared with how creepy some real mushrooms are. I have a degree in biology and still I was not prepared for what I found:

Name:	mushrooms-10.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	34.0 KB 
ID:	101501Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mushrooms-11.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	86.4 KB 
ID:	101502Name:  mushrooms-12.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  17.8 KBClick image for larger version. 

Name:	mushrooms-13.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	62.7 KB 
ID:	101504Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mushrooms-14.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	4.27 MB 
ID:	101505Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mushrooms-15.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	98.0 KB 
ID:	101506Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mushrooms-16.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	44.4 KB 
ID:	101507Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mushrooms-devils-fingers-what-are-3.png 
Views:	41 
Size:	997.7 KB 
ID:	101508

Bogie - Ah! A few of those I've seen before (but only in photos), and a few I haven't. Love them! It's too bad I've never been able to find creepy-cool looking ones like that on our property.

I used a mushroom with a cracked/webbed texture, from my own photos. Didn't really think to look online for top down "creepy" shrooms. Ah, well...

Here's my fungi-monster guys. I'll make them available as transparent PNGs when the map's completed. Anyone have ideas on what to name them? I'm drawing a blank at the moment.

Name:	Fungi-Alley-[Neyjour-dungeon-01]-Fungi-Monsters-Preview.png 
Views:	60 
Size:	349.2 KB 
ID:	101510

No real update to the map, other than hiding 2 of of the 3. The 3rd one will be added later, after I've placed more shrooms. Can you find them? (It's not too hard - LOL!)

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Fungi-Alley-[Neyjour-dungeon-01]-WIP-04.png 
Views:	55 
Size:	3.94 MB 
ID:	101511
    Last edited by Neyjour; 11-22-2017 at 03:44 PM. Reason: forgot scrapper text

Oh yuk!

I mean WOW... in a gross way!

One of you (Neyjour and Bogie) getting all creepy is bad enough, but both of you is just a nightmare! LOL!

I see 2 crab/spidery thing beasties, but I guess there are no prizes for that.

This is just gorgeous, Neyjour

Those monsters are horrible... and so they're perfect! I get a really uncomfortable feeling looking at them. Too spidery for my taste! I can almost hear them scuttling into the corners...

*shivers*
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Yuk, that's a cave I wouldn't want to have to walk through! Looks great Neyjour (:

Blog Entries

This is great stuff. Those fungii are real creepy. I have never seen anything like them. In D&D you used to get Myconoids which were fungi people type things. Its been a while so I forget exactly so they could be a variant of them.

Mouse - LOL! Thanks!! The only prize for spotting them is... possibly not getting eaten?

ChickPea - Haha! Thank you! I'm so glad they make you feel warm and fuzzy inside.

DanielHasenbos - Thanks!

Redrobes - Can you imagine a tunnel filled with Bleeding Tooth fungi?! It says they're not toxic, but the "fantasy" version could be so much more fun... slogging your way through sticky, blood-coloured ooze, that could have some hazardous/strange effects (hallucinogenic)? LOL!

Another update. Just some more fungi placement. One more swath to go (a home for my 3rd critter), and then I'm almost done...

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Fungi-Alley-[Neyjour-dungeon-01]-WIP-05.png 
Views:	57 
Size:	4.09 MB 
ID:	101548
    Last edited by Neyjour; 11-22-2017 at 03:44 PM. Reason: forgot scrapper text

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast