Thread: Round About [Kiers duneon 01]

Guild Artisan

Default Round About [Kiers duneon 01]

Not exactly what I was going for, but I like it or at least some of it. Was trying not to go right to my usual photo realistic look. Started messing around with drop shadows, bevels, etc, with base colors, then got carried away with textures on the floor, so kind of a hybrid now, lol. Polished walls with a rough and dirty floor.

I probably will call this one done fairly quickly, as I have another more detailed approach coming along on my other computer. But I really wanted to get something up an about.

We will call her Round About, as I could see monsters at every turn, every crevice and adventurers going in circles, and not searching every turn and missing the hidden chamber in upper left, where the the entrance would be a small tunnel hidden in the lower shadows.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DUngeon Map.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	648.7 KB 
ID:	101536

Yes, you have to love my spelling in the Title. Hopefully someone can correct it so I don't look literally impaired.

That's a great looking shape, Kier

I don't know if you might need to pull it a bit back from the edge, though - or are you intending to make joining pieces for it?

Guild Artisan

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    That's a great looking shape, Kier

I don't know if you might need to pull it a bit back from the edge, though - or are you intending to make joining pieces for it?
    I didn't even notice those were that close, wow. I will probably have to do some cutting and moving.

Great Floor Texture, nice caves.

Guild Artisan

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    Great Floor Texture, nice caves.
    Thanks Bogie. I really was trying not to go to all the natural textures, but I couldn't help myself.

Alright, I cropped the one cave so it fit the map better. I am hoping its all good now.I think I am going to call this section done.

### LATEST WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DUngeon Map1.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	646.0 KB 
ID:	101565

Blog Entries

Nice one Kier ! I have noted it on the request list so ill take it now and make an icon out of it and place it on the jigsaw.