Thread: Scaling Properly CC3

Guild Novice

Default Scaling Properly CC3

Hi All,

Would someone be willing to help me figure out how to scale my CC3 map properly so that I can print a 24x36 copy of it using Vistaprint or Staples/Office Depot, etc.? No matter how I save it or scale it (I scaled it at 3600x2400 maximum image dimensions, then re-saved it at 3550x2350 maximum image dimensions but it still comes up the same - it cuts off about an eigth of an inch off of the sides and bottom of the map. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'd just like to get a high quality printing of it from any vendor to mount on my wall, so if anyone has an alternative in that regard I'd love to hear it as well.

Best,
    Moorcrys

I am guessing that you are printing this on your own printer to test before you shell out the money to have it printed elsewhere? Either way, most noncommercial printers have a printing area which is slightly less than what is being printed. Whereas many programs will have a checkbox to ignore page boundaries, you will find that even when checked a margin will still be present...this is a hardware issue that you will not be able to overcome unless you print it on a device which has a printing area equal to or greater than what you are trying to print.

You might try to use poster razor....I believe its run by java or python...either way, you should be able to cobble together a large map if you are willing to

Hello moorcrys

You can control the size at which CC3+ exports a bitmap render of the map by clicking the options button in the Save as... dialog.

If you specify a size (the height and width in inches/cm at the bottom of that dialog box) that does not correspond accurately with the existing ratio of your map (ie if your print ratio is: 24 x 36 = 2:3, and the map itself has a different height to width ratio), then it is inevitable that the export will be trimmed to that exact size. If the map is too wide, then the ends will be trimmed. If the map is too tall, then the top and bottom will be trimmed.