Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guildcity - where are we now [December 2017]

Info Guildcity - where are we now [December 2017]

Just starting up a new thread to see where we are at with city sections and
    make it easier for new people to see and join in with their own new section.

I will add more info here in this post later today... [unless Mouse does first ]

Here's a quick update of the map, stills needs new info added and I'll do that in a bit.
    Edit - just updated
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cartographers_Guild_-_GuildCity_-_2017-12-01_15.08.46.jpg 
Views:	311 
Size:	1.19 MB 
ID:	101906
    Last edited by J.Edward; 12-01-2017 at 03:53 PM.

The detailed index of all the districts listed by district number (unfortunately not shown in the map above) can be found here. If you scroll up the page to the top of that thread you will find a map of the districts showing the district numbers.

This is a shortened list of the areas that remain unclaimed, which I will update on this thread right here as we go to show who has claimed which district (as well as maintaining the original index):

06 -
    09 -
    10 -
    19 -
    20 - Azelor
    22 -
    24 -
    31 -
    42 -
    46 -
    47 -
    50 -
    51 -
    52 -
    55 -
    58 -

There are a number of other sections that have been claimed but not started yet, which are not included in the list above.

@ John - are you going to be updating the district map on the original index, or starting a new one here?
    Last edited by J.Edward; 12-05-2017 at 10:33 PM. Reason: Added section taken

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    @ John - are you going to be updating the district map on the original index, or starting a new one here?
    Probably start a new one here... I guess. Maybe after updating here, I'll update the other too.
    And I just updated the map with numbers.

Thank you John

Its easier if folk can see what they're choosing.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Hmm. I should probably get back to work on my section at some point...

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Tonnichiwa's Avatar

I'm calling my section done. When my computer fell and got smashed on the cement a few months ago I lost every file I had on Guild City so unless I try to re-draw everything from the beginning I can't really do anything else to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonnichiwa View Post
    I'm calling my section done. When my computer fell and got smashed on the cement a few months ago I lost every file I had on Guild City so unless I try to re-draw everything from the beginning I can't really do anything else to it.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Tonnichiwa's Avatar

Hehe, yeah. Thats exactly how I feel

A couple of days away and suddenly it's like the almost dead project jumped to life! I'm glad some of you fellas are keen to continue this - I was/am so in love with the whole city project.

Concerning my section (21), it's coming along. Slowly but surely, and since I'm fairly ahead of most of my neighbours, it's going at a"just fine" pace. Sooner, rather than later, a little dragon will pop in it, somewhere.
    But it's a fairly large section, which got me thinking. We could have some sections broken into little bits. So that people with less time, or less self-confidence, or less willingness to commit on something big, or less(more) whatever, could also join with a little collaboration.

Maybe subsections. Or maybe a section mapped with city layout only, and folks join in drawing the buildings. Just throwing loose ideas now...

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'd like to get back to my section too actually. I'd also like to model that awesome compass rose building in 3d properly. Don't count my section as dead yet.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast