Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: [WIP] Kirkbride Insane Asylum 3d Level Design for Mystery Game in Blender.

It has an unbelievable amount of character. I've never seen an un-textured model with so much atmosphere

Knowing what a wiz you are with all things digital, you've probably got it just right

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Awww thanks! I'm pretty amazed by how good it looks untextured too. It's probably a testament to kirkbrides vision.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

More a testament to your extreme patience, I think

Maybe its because I've watched so many YouTube videos about Kirkbride hospitals, but I can almost see ghostly faces at those windows.

I can't wait to see it with all the details added in as well - stone mullions and all

Blog Entries

I've got a long way to go before I get to stone mullions. But I'm very pleased with my progress this weekend. I'm hoping I'll still be able to throw some weeknights at it this week.

Here's where I got this evening. I've created the primary stories of the entire male wing, including the exclusion ward at the end. The character of this building is really starting to show now.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3dWIP_07.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	79.5 KB 
ID:	101975

The roof is going to be pretty difficult! Is there any hint of how its supposed to go in the plans you have?

I think I remember you saying something about domes and spires - or I remember seeing domes and spires in the photo's I've looked at...

Blog Entries

Roof shouldn't be too difficult. The ward extensions have a 4th floor so it's pretty simplistic roof segments to implement.

And yeah there's a dome with a main water storage tank in admin building and hot water tanks in spires in ward extensions. I won't have to do too much roof detailing because there probably won't be too many detail shots of the upper outside like that.

Blog Entries

Wip

I dunno what happened, but I suddenly found myself with a reasonable workflow on this thing and I'm enjoying working with Blender so much, that I just couldn't stop...next thing you know I almost have the whole building plan laid out!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3dWIP_08.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	245.8 KB 
ID:	101999

I've mirrored the male side of the building to the female side...Keep in mind this is for visualization only...I'll only model one ward for the engine and it will get instanced there in the same way I've done here. I've begun the admin building. Ground floor column plinths and portico porch basically done. I'm going the Trenton State Hospital route for porch, leaving room underneath for carriages in the rain. I also still have to split up the landing on the second floor and cut out stairwells for the admin building. That landing is going to be tricky, but I have a feel for how it should look now and you may be able to tell that the second story of the admin building is 16 feet instead of 12 like the second story of the wards. Third story of the admin building will be 14' Ceiling if I remember correctly.

SO MUCH FUN!!!

Me-oh-my! LOL!

At this rate it will be all finished, done and dusted by Christmas

Just stopping by to say that this is amazing work Robbie! I have no knowledge about 3D tools, and everything that comes with it. But I enjoy following what you're doing here very much. Keep it up!

Blog Entries

Awesome. Glad you guys like it. Can't wait for the actual walk around to happen!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast