Rather than explain and probably get it wrong above, here's a demonstration. Here's my current roof layout without dome and spires. The exterior of this building is starting to be quite handsome, and yet again I am in awe at the speed with which the blender workflow has allowed me to put this together. I can only hope the mesh is as clean as I think it is. It probably isn't though. But there's so much duplication in the model that you don't really see how it's segmented that's going to make this "level" come together much quicker than you may imagine. Once I start doing interior stuff, that's when it's going to get more time consuming, but I only have to really model one ward, and some general admin areas.

Anyways...Rooftops laid out, next will probably be either a general extrusion of the cellar, or I'll probably do some more segmentation to make texturing and performance management easier (such as having exterior objects (outside walls, columns, steps, etc) and interior objects (floors, ceilings, interior walls).

I also need to build the interior stairwells and cut the weird landing on the second/third floor of the admin building we talked about in the other thread.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3dWIP_15.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	204.1 KB 
ID:	102077