Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: [WIP] Kirkbride Insane Asylum 3d Level Design for Mystery Game in Blender.

Great to see you back. This is looking amazing. The lighting in the hallway image is really evocative, and kinda spooky even though it's day time.
    Looking forward to seeing more

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm hoping to release a downloadable virtual tour mid-year. The doors will be modified to open inward because the current method is not accurate to the actual hospitals. It is cool to be back on here! I need to spend more time.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Blog Entries

Yeah, lighting is amazing. It appears like it has HDR and doing some radiosity for the walls - or perhaps some visually close cheat of it. The doors looked great. I thought they might have been premade objects but looking back through the thread they are clearly your modelling and I noted that the doorknobs have switched sides on some of them. The texturing of dirt on them makes them look well used - and abused. The walls look a bit clean in comparison. If you do a virtual tour do you think you will have sound ? Or is it intended to be a tour of the defunct building. My brain is overlaying wild tormented screams and other asylum troped sounds into this.

Blog Entries

I'm using the built in Unreal Engine 5 Lumen raytracing, so yeah it's all ray traced with global illumination and final gather handled in real time. Yes I made the doors have some wear and tear and I do need to go back and work on my hallway trim texture...I'm actually going to create a trim sheet to make it look better. I also need to modify the doors to open inward because the patients often sat in chairs outside of their rooms, and the doors are crowding the hallway.

Blog Entries

I just posted a video to my Dev Blog...it's a very early walkaround if you're interested in seeing the lighting and such.

https://fantaseum.com/a-little-walkaround-early/

https://youtu.be/V_Pe9aI9qzk

That's a good use of necromancy .
    Looking great!

Blog Entries

The walk around is very cool. The building & the modelling that you have done is just great. The unreal engine is pretty darn great as well. Its coming along real well though its going to be a lot of work to fill up that place as its really huge !

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345