Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Castle of Azulhoc

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Cool !
    I'm looking forward !

Guild Artisan Guild Supporter Tenia's Avatar

My progression is slow, but here is a new wip. I'm not too fond of the insets, I think they don't bring much actually ?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	castle-azulhoc-8.jpeg 
Views:	118 
Size:	2.58 MB 
ID:	103322

I think the insets are a good idea. Maybe you are not sure because of the one up, of the top of tower. I think the point of the insets are to attract attention to important details, and the one on the top sure looks nice but doesn’t show important detail (to me... of course). If you look at the inset of the drawbridge, it makes sense and integrate itself well in the whole picture... Maybe you could try another view for the upper inset ? At human height in front of the second door , for example ? Or, from the top of the tower south-east, looking down the courtyard (but then it’s no longer a detail...).

Sorry to come so late with this, too... I didn’t notice first, but there are no opening on the wooden top of the main gate towers (and the one on the left), and the main purpose of those temporary constructions is to serve defenses and allow archers to throw arrows on the attackers...

Of course the castle looks already terrific like this ! No problem there !

It's really great, I'm loving your castle, Tenia .

Apart from the excellent suggestions -Jo- made, another possible thing with the insets is to show other view of the full castle.

Hi again, you are both right of course and yes Joel some parts are missing, arrowslits as you said and also some doors. I should add a water well also, important in a castle. I'll correct theses later, I'm now focused on these bloody insets ! Here is a draft test of a foor plan of the castle, at ground level (except for the keeps, they looked weird without a entrance and I should add some arrowslits openings) and at the final resolution, coming from sketchup without reworking. What do you think ?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	castle-azulhoc-floor-plan1.jpeg 
Views:	72 
Size:	88.2 KB 
ID:	103536

That’s a very good idea for an inset ! Maybe colors the walls in black, so the eye instantly understand it’s a plan ?
    But it’s a good solution for the question of insets...

I'm glad you worked again on this project, I was about to send you a message to try to give you motivation to go on ! I find your project very beautiful and I sure would like to see it finished !

(Have you worked on the coat of arms ? That could also help for your inset question : it would allow you to make a balanc3 in color and display with the insets ?)

Ty, I just lack time to progress.. Go on for this inset so ! I need to polish it and see want I can do with the size constraint

You could put the plan instead of the top left inset ?
    Or on the bottom right under the shield ?
    Otherwise you can enlarge the picture to give you room for a birder, a title and the plan ?

Yes I've planned to put it in the top inset, I want both inserts to be the same size, so I have to remove the pixelation, blur it without messing up the stairs...

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast