Thread: Greetings!

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

Tutorial Greetings!

I've recently picked up CC3+, CD3, and DD3 with the hopes of using them (particularly City Designer) for board game design. I've found it challenging thus far and a bit frustrating. It seems the tutorial videos on offer at the Pro Fantasy site are out of date. I've been trying to hunt down some good beginner tutorials if anyone has some they suggest? I've been told there are some here at the forum but wanted to introduce myself first.

Hello Thief Taker

Because CC3 is very different from most mainstream graphics apps, the best thing to do when you are just starting out, is work through the example map in the User Manual. I know that sounds like I'm saying 'RTFM', but really I'm not - it just so happens that if you aren't finding it easy to learn from the videos, doing that particular example will help you to establish how things work, so that the videos will make more sense.

Though the videos are old, they are still good. There's nothing in the videos that is no longer possible with the current version. Its just that the current version has a lot more on top of that - but you have to start somewhere, right?

There are also lots of more recent videos on YouTube if you search for CC3, or Campaign Cartographer

If you are still having problems after working through the example and watching the videos again, then there is always the PF forum, where there are lots of people who have gone through exactly the same process as you are right now, and who can help you with any questions you still have.

Hope that helps