Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
The funny thing is that at first, I didn't see a parchment but a great lake region, like in in the NW of Canada.

It's kinda torn, so, I'd say a treasure or a pirate map ; a map or a plan that has suffered a bit. And it could be fun to wonder what missing informations are in the holes .
Yeah, that's certainly because I do my coastal details like I do my wears on the parchments. I may need to change this. Usually I use sea squigglies to tell the two appart. I like the idea though. The background is destined to be used for my fourth Hattam Reyes map (my avatar in J.Edward's "The Ward of Chiezbehrg"). I guess I'll let the pencil run free and then do something with the forms. I'll take my time as I'd like to make a highly detailed map (the perks of working large). In the meantime, I scanned the parchment at 600 dpi, just in case I mess it up

Here's the result before I shade the tears.
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gros parchemin.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	794.9 KB 
ID:	104527

Quote Originally Posted by Blaidd Drwg View Post
So did I! The tears are the map
Yeah, it could be fun to draw them as scorched islands surrounded by rivers of lava. I might try this someday ...

PS : I hesitate between hating and loving J.Edward for giving me this torn parchment obsession with his awesome ones ...