Page 24 of 78 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474 ... LastLast

Thread: Ilanthar's tests & sketches

Thanks, J. !
    I must confess I take this color combination that I like a lot from a Dishonored map .

Some new test, more satisfying for me about the different species of Eldoran (and Argona). Starting with the Aristeans. Some kind of Anatomy/Naturalist board style.
    It's unfinished and I'll be glad to read your comments on this.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Eldoran Aristeen.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	2.47 MB 
ID:	112492

This view of the city of Argona is a pure gem. I can't wait to see it in a bigger resolution to enjoy all the details you put there !

Thanks a lot Beee! Well, I'll probably post it somewhere in june...

And here's the Aristean thing. I've began the other 22 sentient species, now that I have define the board.

Name:	Eldoran Aristeen.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	2.69 MB 
ID:	112553

That looks really good Ilanthar, well done. I also really like the font you are using even if it is a little difficult to read. On the third paragraph down on the left side should read something like: "Isolated they are known..." or "In isolation they are known..."

As an aside, and I don't really want to step on your toes, so hopefully you don't feel this comment will be out of bounds: It can work either way, but in race design I'd typically expect the physical features of the race to follow their dominant trait (with the assumption of a typical human as the base). For instance you gave them bigger ears, but I would've also expected to see bigger nasal capacity, like dogs have, since this race has this pheromone trait/power and scent and smell is clearly very central to their being.

Guild Artisan Guild Supporter Tenia's Avatar

A fantastic city of Argona!

Ilanthar, your latest work here is just astonishing. I think you have reach your special unique style here. I absoltely love it, increadible.
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

How have I not known this thread existed before? This is awesome! I love the concept of the Aristeans, and your drawing skills are pretty impressive by this point as well. Cool stuff, I'll be following this closer from here on out
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Thanks a lot for the support, guys!

I've found some style I like and that I seem to be actually able to do, so...

@Falconius: thanks for the better translation. Concerning the nose/pheromone question, the nose is mainly for breathing, and a part of the pheromone/scent abilities of the aristeans. Basically, a large part of the face is concerned : the pheromonal slits and the excretory organ are playing their parts. I must confess it's also part of an aesthetic choice, aristean being one of the most "human-like" of the species.

Trying to do a view of the city of Portokal, seen from a boat.

Name:	Portokal vue large.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	1.48 MB 
ID:	112583

Page 24 of 78 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474 ... LastLast