Page 26 of 77 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676 ... LastLast

Thread: Ilanthar's tests & sketches

@Falconius : yeah, I guess. Not convinced by this Pier, precisely. It's probably to square, I guess. Just blank is too empty for me. Maybe more rocks and width variations with them could do the trick on the side .

@Mouse : Yeah, Mouse! We miss you! Thanks a lot for the kind words .

@MistyBeee : You're very kind . I'm pretty sure I'm messing things here and there...

Still, just a bit more.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Portokal vue large.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	1.74 MB 
ID:	112840

And the first lines of the ground level of an iso view of Masdegar's House that I intend to do "Tavernier" style .

Name:	Masdegar House.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	556.5 KB 
ID:	112841

Looking great! I see that boat just escaped your composition.

I love all the fine detail lines. They give this image interest when zoomed out, and when zoomed in.

So inspirational! That perspective is splendid. I really like it!

Cheers,
    Karl

I'm out of praises on your work ! Thanks for sharing Julien

Thanks a lot guys!
    I'm flattered by all your kind comments !

I'm also secretly cursing Joël for giving me the itch to try a Tavernier's building ... I'm hooked on it yesterday and today morning and forgot my other works...
    Still, the ground floor lines are near completion (still some texturing and lines to do, the river side, etc...). The globe was a nightmare. I suppose I'll just use colors for the details on the painting & the rug.

I'll probably do 4 pictures, on for each level with a copy/paste of what we see of the levels under each.

Name:	Masdegar House.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	3.32 MB 
ID:	112862

By the way, it's half size. Hope it's not too crowded.

A test about the pier... Better?

Views:	38 
Size:	1.73 MB 
ID:	112870

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

The city is looking really great. The number of details in each of the houses and everything is astounding. However, there is something that has been bugging me slightly that I can not tell if it is my mind playing tricks on me or something not quite right. In the river/canal to the left there is a bridge, but it seems to go directly into a wall of houses. Is there an opening there for a street? I think the continuous dark line on the houses there is what might be causing my confusion.

Again though, I am really, really, really enjoying following the progression of this city and the other works besides!

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    ...Yeah, Mouse! We miss you! Thanks a lot for the kind words ...
    Hey you

Its lovely to see you continuing your fine work. I will be back eventually on a more regular basis. I'm just a little busy with life stuff right now

I think the annotations on the city might look better the same colour as the linework? That's if you are leaving them in on the final version.

@Arimel : yeah, it's a small street, hard to see in this view. I place an arrow, don't know what I could do to make it more obvious.

@Mouse : hehe, those red labels are just temporary. I will surely do something different in the end. Just focusing on the drawing right now.

Views:	35 
Size:	1.74 MB 
ID:	112893

Also, about the technical issues... it became worse (I have leap between the pointer and the drawing zone, now). But I've done a test, and it's clearly a bug with Krita+Windows (tablet works fine with other softwares).
    Well, I'll use Krita under linux since it works just fine there...
    Last edited by Ilanthar; 01-26-2019 at 11:38 AM.

What they don't tell you about Win 10 updates is that they always damage the Wacom drivers.

I systematically re-install my Wacom drivers every single month, since that is how frequently Win 10 is updated these days. (I don't think they can get it right)

I wouldn't know if this affects other tablet drivers, but it might be worth trying a driver re-install.

Page 26 of 77 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676 ... LastLast