Page 28 of 77 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Thread: Ilanthar's tests & sketches

@ Hjorimir: Thanks a lot !

@Kellerica: Glad you think so, you've made me work more than expected, my Lady .

Some more work on Masdegar's House. The Ground level is more or less done.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Masdegar House.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	113017

I strive to make other people's lives more complicated, good Sir!

Loving the lights on the ground floor!
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Thanks Kell & Beee!

Still the last floor to do, and probably some more corrections here and there. I'll keep the full resolutions for my kind patrons on Tipeee.

Name:	Masdegar House.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	3.42 MB 
ID:	113078

This is a seriously late suggestion to make, considering you have already done the shading on the city of Portokal, but maybe something to link the background with the foreground in some way? A boat coming from the background towards the Port Tower?, or a figure looking back across the water to the city in the background?

Lovely work on Masdegar's House - already commented on the Finished Maps thread

Ah, yeah, a bit late. But thanks for the suggestion and I'll think of it the next time I'll do something like this.

I have troubles to visualize my new Argona. That was the motive for doing the "comprehensive view", but it seems that I also need a streets plan with the new layout/topography/canals. So, I started one (I'll add the topography later).

If somewhat is really wrong or irrealistic, don't hesitate to yell.

Name:	Argo neo closeup.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	1.63 MB 
ID:	113797

Looking spiffy so far! Zoomed out it could pass for an old city map in Europe. I love Skald Park!

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

You mentioned doing the topography later but, depending on how drastic the elevation changes will be, the topography would affect the way the roads are laid out. Just looking at this map I do not see any areas where there are obvious changes in elevation based on the roads except perhaps the Arewood (more curving roads perhaps around hills). As such, I would suspect the area to be really flat, with little topographical change.
    Not sure if this is the type of feedback that you wanted but hope it helps.

Thanks Adfor, you make me add "spiffy" to my vocabulary. I aim to get a mixed look, but mainly 19th european cities.

Thanks Arimel. I already have an idea of the topography. Here's a quick view with contour lines (5 meters altitude), the scale being 1 px = 2.5m, and with the matching view (I've started with what you see in the background, though). What do you think?
    I've looked at some different cities, and I thought it could be plausible (bear in mind that the surface waters are canals and bassins, mainly).

Name:	Argo neo.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	2.29 MB 
ID:	113810

Page 28 of 77 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast