Page 29 of 77 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

Thread: Ilanthar's tests & sketches

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

That looks fine to me. I now see how the roads do curve on the contour lines and the changes in elevation are not really drastic enough to further influence them. Nice!

Also, the 'skyline' of the city looks great! I cant wait to see the rest!

Thanks Arimel!

I'll post the city view it in the finished map section later (it's already done, you can see it a few pages before in this thread).

It's taking me ages to work on this new streets plan. I forgot how addictive it could be, though...
    More, with a slight shading for topography.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Argo neo.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	3.95 MB 
ID:	114316

I'm also continuing my eldoran species sheets. Here's the third one, the halflings.

Name:	Eldoran Halfelin.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	2.66 MB 
ID:	114430

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Holy cow that is fantastic!

By Gidde
    Holy cow that is fantastic!
    The streets plan or the Halfling ?
    Thanks a lot, Gidde!

I've done more. Here's the begining of a lineup. It's half size and the full sheets with additional drawings & description will be for my patrons on Patreon/Tipeee.

Name:	Eldoran lineup half.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	849.1 KB 
ID:	114472

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Thanks Adfor, you make me add "spiffy" to my vocabulary. I aim to get a mixed look, but mainly 19th european cities.
    Always good to increase the vocab!

I just love your species sketches. I've never been good at anatomy sketching, so I'm slightly envious of your ability. Have you always been good at anatomy? Or did you have to learn?

Oh and the Yaun-Ti looking serpentine would fit oh so perfectly for the Auzari race in my world..

So much really cool content here! I really really like the side profile view of Argona. Very inspirational.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Thanks a lot guys!

@Adfor: well, I have studied biology and done some drawings, but it was mostly cells & plants. I mostly take example on other artists works and... try a lot. Remember that I'm posting the final versions, after some failures...
    And sometimes, I'm changing my mind along the way. The first version of the hydrion was looking like this :

Name:	Hydrion.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	311.0 KB 
ID:	114503

@Arsheesh : well, I decided to post it in the finished map section.

I'm working on a part view of the port, (front and side) to show the connection between hangars/piers and the city.
    It's a part of it. I'm kinda having trouble to figure how represent the cliff in a convincing way, and I'm wondering if I should represent the passages between hangars that are inside the rock on this front view.

Name:	Argona AP.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	542.1 KB 
ID:	114504

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Thanks a lot guys!

@Adfor: well, I have studied biology and done some drawings, but it was mostly cells & plants. I mostly take example on other artists works and... try a lot. Remember that I'm posting the final versions, after some failures...
    And sometimes, I'm changing my mind along the way. The first version of the hydrion was looking like this
    I'll admit, I haven't really tried a whole hell of a lot to brush up on my anatomy skills, maybe I'll take your advice, and try failing a few times to get a hang of it.

A large improvement on the Hydrion, I definitely prefer the latter sketch in the line-up.

The biological twist on classic RPG races is a brilliant idea and pretty funny too. Alien fantasy is gonna be a thing

Page 29 of 77 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast