Page 1 of 77 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Ilanthar's tests & sketches

Default Ilanthar's tests & sketches

I've seen some excellent workshops in here. I'm not pretending doing something as good, but considering the great capacity of the guild for helping and improvements, I was thinking this could be useful .

And... because we are the 20th of december :
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lutin card.png 
Views:	201 
Size:	686.5 KB 
ID:	102411

I'm still learning how to do a proper coloration/shading with colors... I'm pretty sure I'm missing a lot of things in Krita since I'm almost using only 3-4 brushes (not to mention the filters).

I'm thinking, this is my new avatar at a bigger size.

Name:	Salamander Neo.jpeg 
Views:	198 
Size:	43.1 KB 
ID:	102412
    I've been wondering if I should change it for my signature. I think I'm gonna keep the old one, but maybe colored this way? What do you think guys?

hmmm, i sorta of like your old one, but can't see it for comparison, as you've already changed it.

The old one is in my signature if you want to compare
    Honestly, I mainly changed it because of the strong tendancy of many sites to use a disk and not a square for avatars...

Earlier today I would have said the new avatar image is nicer, but its not as detailed as the older one.

Maybe like you suggest - keep the old one, but with the new colours?

As for Krita. I think the best way to learn it is just to create a new file and play with as many brushes and filters as you can, then try to remember how you did it so you can do it again when you sell the first one for a handsome sum

There are also lots of variously useful/not very useful videos on Youtube for learning how to do different things.

Labels are really terrible in Krita. I don't think the developers realised they might be missing a really important tool and haven't bothered to develop the labels/text tools all that much.

I prefer the old one but I'd love to see it colored. And I wouldn't trust this elf with anything of value if i were you, he looks as shifty as **** on a mackerel.

I like the shape of the old one more, but I understand the desire to have a more compact logo. The new one screams "gecko" in all cases, while the old one was ambiguously gecko-y at low res and more general lizard at higher resolution (the body and hand shapes are generally lizard in the high-res version, but the head has that stubby gecko quality).

I like the new avatar, but I feel it would work better against a plain background (maybe a simple parchment). The map details you include get a little lost in the small image, and the gecko doesn't stand out enough, in my opinion. Although... maybe you want it to look camouflaged??

I like your pixie, though I wouldn't like to meet him on a dark night! Oh, and Merry Christmas to you too.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Guild Expert

I much prefer the old one, it is iconic and I look forward to seeing it with every one of you're maps so for me it would be sacrilege to change it.

Thanks everyone! That's really helpful.

What about this new version of the old one?

Name:	Avatar.jpeg 
Views:	158 
Size:	56.2 KB 
ID:	102440
    I'm gonna test it right away to have an idea of how things look at final size.

Page 1 of 77 123451151 ... LastLast