Page 43 of 77 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast

Thread: Ilanthar's tests & sketches

I don't know what you expected, but I find this result quite stunning (except maybe the coastline which is faded at some places?)... the colors are perfect, love that soft green and the warm shade for the relief.

I think that's great! It might need a little saturation and contrast enhancement. I think if you fiddle with it a little you'll get something you like. Personally, I enjoy the pencil quality.

I'm working on the map(s) of Elbenheim (a german colony) for my Elzevir atlas of Mars.

And... I'm quite struggling with the names. If you have some cool german names, that would help. The region is called Elbenheim (with the southern part around Heilig Mesa called Isenstein). So there's mainly references to mythology, lieds, lorelei & such.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mars v2 Pbase c2v3.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	4.67 MB 
ID:	123262

Guild Expert

Very nice! I love the soft colours, and of course you’re shaded relief is always spot on.

Thanks Kacey!
    I was more inspired with the names today, so I do hope to finish that map in the next days.

Meanwhile, I realized I didn't post here for a while. So, here are a logo for my Argona Guide & a WIP in my Domhantyr world (the finished version will be for my patrons).

Name:	Argona PP.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	251.9 KB 
ID:	123290

Name:	Hasvatra v2.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	7.07 MB 
ID:	123291

I'm wondering if I should go for symbols or icons for settlements, considering the scale... and I hope the swamps are different enough from the grasslands.
    Thoughts?

Views:	57 
Size:	7.62 MB 
ID:	123449

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

I believe I can tell the difference between the swamps and grasslands. As for the icons, the icons you have here are a bit unscaled (I think) but look amazing on the map, particularly with how the rivers are integrated with them. The level of detail you have everywhere else would look a bit strange alongside simple city dots. This is just my two cents though!

Swamps are different enough for sure, and your cities are adorable, though maybe not visible enough and easily lost when added in dense geographic elements ? I would be a little afraid the strengh of labels added later may unbalance/hide them. It's never easy at this scale

Thanks for the inputs!
    Considering other comments I had on this one, I changed the cities for shields (bigger for capital cities) but I might do a in-between solution in the end.
    I'm also redoing the forests and to give them some more sense of the topography underneath.

I guess the colour will do the difference for the lands.

Everything is sill a WIP, to put it in a nutshell...

Name:	Hasvatra v2i.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	4.68 MB 
ID:	123589

Done a bit more... and a new tests for cities icons.

Views:	60 
Size:	2.71 MB 
ID:	123756

Page 43 of 77 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast