Page 17 of 77 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast

Thread: Ilanthar's tests & sketches

You have become my top fav illustrator now Ilanthar. Those are just wonderful !
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

By ThomasR
    Interresting take on the universe. The books tell us of a mordorian evil, the last ringbearer tells of an obscurantist reluctance to progress. Maybe someone can rewrite LotR as a resistance against pollution and the destruction of MiddleEarth.
    That would certainly be interesting!

By ChickPea
    I'm absolutely in love with the Middle Earth map! It's fantastic. The illustrations are glorious.
    Thanks, ChickPea .

By Voolf
    You have become my top fav illustrator now Ilanthar. Those are just wonderful !
    Wow, that's a high praise.... and that makes my day! Thanks, Voolf .

I haven't done much more on this (just reworked some of the locations/towns and tested some labels). I'm wondering if I should color the lands or not... What do you guys think?

Guild Expert

Stunning, just stunning. I think I gasped a few times while I was scrolling through this thread and I’m not sure if it’s just me but I think you’re line work has changed even in the past few months, really beautiful work.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    I haven't done much more on this (just reworked some of the locations/towns and tested some labels). I'm wondering if I should color the lands or not... What do you guys think?
    If you think like you want to do it, of course go for it.
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

By Kacey
    Stunning, just stunning. I think I gasped a few times while I was scrolling through this thread and I’m not sure if it’s just me but I think you’re line work has changed even in the past few months, really beautiful work.
    Thanks a lot for the kind words, Kacey ! I don't know if my line work changed, but I surely feel a bit more confident about some drawings. And I guess I've learned a bit how to use more efficiently thick & thinner lines.

Some astronomical data to fill the western hemisphere of my future Domhantyr map.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Domhantyr astro.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	1.80 MB 
ID:	110604

By Voolf
    If you think like you want to do it, of course go for it.
    Well, I don't know really. I like the version with just the sea colored. I just think that maybe, colors would make some elements more visible.
    I tried this a few days ago, with some land colors tests in the region of Tharbad.

Name:	MeMap.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	5.15 MB 
ID:	110605

Astronomical stuff... You could post more twice a day and I would never been tired to see them. 'love this so, so much, Ilanthar !

Thanks, Beee !

And I kinda lost some time doing this crazy experiment about a banknote for my Resurgence setting.
    Now that I've done various elements, I'll probably do the other side and a whole range of banknotes... when I got some time available.

Name:	Billet20.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	603.7 KB 
ID:	110840

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Arimel's Avatar

Do you have a conversion rate yet? As to how many dollars, pounds, euro, etc are equal to one of these notes? (just joking!)

It looks amazing, like an actual currency we might find today around the world.

Thanks Arimel !

In my setting, Stellars are a useful remnant of the United Stellar Nations (USN) that was created just after the arrival in Neosol. It's used everywhere (though often in its digital form in the main worlds and cities), so there's no conversion toward other currencies.
    Easier for the citizens, me and my players .

I could'nt help myself but do the other side. This cityscape gave me headache...

Name:	Billet20 verso.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	559.3 KB 
ID:	110841

These are the kind of details that really say you are a demiurge

Page 17 of 77 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast