Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Poll: Which Alignment do you Usually Roleplay As?

... and there is a spectrum involved between those who like numbers and rules-based games (also known as "grognards", a term from military models gaming that in turn takes it's name from Napoleon's bodyguard) contrasted with those who are more into the roleplaying.

The former says "I ask the innkeeper for directions, what modifiers apply to my influence roll?" The latter says (in a corny accent) "Prithee, Good Sir, canst thou directest mine self to our destination?"

Some people (e.g. LARPers) get seriously into the roleplaying, with costumes and whatnot. Think small-group SCA. There are LARPs that are totally social interaction, with no dice mechanic at all. Some use a deck of cards for minimal randomization. Etc.
    Last edited by acrosome; 01-02-2018 at 03:17 PM.

So I voted for Neutral Good but that's just cause I think a good handful of my characters fall into that category, but in truth I love playing Chaotic Neutral and Chaotic Evil much more than Neutral good. It think these characters just offer so much to the plot and are fun to play. So keep in mind what's gonna be enjoyable. I have characters all across the spectrum because it's needed for plot and diversity, and it's nice to have a character who's the hero or the story, but I love the dynamic of a villain just doing stuff, not for an end game but because he can. Or a character that's just going with the flow, whatever the whim is regardless of the what comes.

Lawful characters are fun, but they're also very restrictive. They have a strict system and you really have to have it planned and figured out and stick to it if you want them to feel real.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123