Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: December 2017 Challenge: The Lands of Cha-uari

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Greg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    I'll take that compliment. I love Blaidd's work on that map. Love it.
    It wasn't intended to be sneaky. I just really didn't know if i could finish in time or not, and didn't want the feeling of committing to a challenge and not finishing.
    I've done that before - sometimes entering very late and sometimes not entering at all. And even entering and not finishing. Several times.
    Believe me John, it wasn't meant as anything but a compliment!

And don't you worry, I've done that many atime with challenges and usually don't get around to finishing and so to the rest of the world, my progress never exists.

So it is sneaky, but in a good way...

Love seeing the WIP images too.

Edit: Also just seen the detailed description you added. Some lovely worldbuilding there even if that ending is a little ominous...
    Last edited by Greg; 01-01-2018 at 05:34 PM.

Thank you John. I can see you had quite a tussle with those trees before you got it perfect! LOL!

Why is it always the trees that are the worst thing to sort out?

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Believe me John, it wasn't meant as anything but a compliment!

And don't you worry, I've done that many atime with challenges and usually don't get around to finishing and so to the rest of the world, my progress never exists.

So it is sneaky, but in a good way...

Love seeing the WIP images too.

Edit: Also just seen the detailed description you added. Some lovely worldbuilding there even if that ending is a little ominous...
    Thanks Greg
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Thank you John. I can see you had quite a tussle with those trees before you got it perfect! LOL!

Why is it always the trees that are the worst thing to sort out?
    I agree. Those trees cause loads of trouble

With the WIPs, I can see what's bothering me with the trees. Even though they're scattered enough they're all identical, size and all. The version with the green trees could be a part of the answer (if there is a question of course). Have you tried using the layer with the colors of the trees at a low opacity and a combination of multiply and overlay ? I think it may end up in the same color scheme as the rest of the map and add some variety to the trees. That's my twocents and it might be worth only two cents ... might

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
    With the WIPs, I can see what's bothering me with the trees. Even though they're scattered enough they're all identical, size and all. The version with the green trees could be a part of the answer (if there is a question of course). Have you tried using the layer with the colors of the trees at a low opacity and a combination of multiply and overlay ? I think it may end up in the same color scheme as the rest of the map and add some variety to the trees. That's my twocents and it might be worth only two cents ... might
    I thought the deadline was last night.
    Diamond must have partied way too hard.

I did something sort of like what you suggested Thomas.
    It may have improved the map, not sure. It does add some variation to the color of the trees, at least.
    The use of the clone stamp tool was a two-fold thing.
    I'm still dealing with the tendinitis that developed over the last 2-3 months. So that's part of it.
    The other was just a curiosity to see if I could manage to use some elements in a map that I liked.
    It's not like individually drawn trees, but that wouldn't have been possible right now.

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Lands of Cha-uari by sirinkman.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	2.62 MB 
ID:	102905

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12