Thread: December 2017 Challenge: The Lands of Cha-uari

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Map December 2017 Challenge: The Lands of Cha-uari

I've worked on this one for a good while this month.
    I actually did more than one version, but this one is the one I went with.
    I wanted to get the image in before the deadline.

I'll write and post up the story info later tonight or tomorrow.
    But, for now, here's the map.

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Lands of Cha-uari by sirinkman.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	2.62 MB 
ID:	102822

Edit - here's the story info.
    Pardon the awful lack of any real formatting.

The Lands of Cha-uari
    The premise here is that the peoples/creatures of the Chahongi-Zha have all banded together in unity against the darker forces that seem to encroach upon them from Zha-Tyral. And even from the elder things that creep amongst the hills and dark shadowed mountains vales. And even beneath them in the places darker still.

The coalition of Chahongi includes an interesting collection of beings.
    It might be easier to just use some of my notes to describe all this....

From the notes...
    A simple people in the northern areas of Inocrigal and southern Tongiri.
    Then across the water to the sothern reaches [where most of the stories occur]
    The Gra-zatal peninisula west of Hran-nal [and the cold people]
    East of Hran-nal lies the outer lands of Rahagin-nal - a lonely and isolated region battered by winds and storm that faces out on the rough Shala Sea

Beyond Rahagin-nal lies the rough lands of Caluhsan - the low rambling remnants of the Great Kaina-Dal range and the Spine of Chura [the old mountains of SekhaChu and the G'Hura peninsula].
    In the crux of these mountains lies Insekal - a land isolated and alone.
    The Ningra there are surrounded on all sides by the Chuhti, mongrels of the Hills, and other fell folk of the dark and shadow crusted highlands such as...
    the Rolgnirin of the Stones, the Azhen, Stahni, Sohlihzi and others.

Far to the west is Zha-Tyral and the viscious, capricious people of the steppe and the mighty lords of the plains, who would rule all the lands of the lower heights as they slowly crawl over all the lands like darkening clouds.

Caught in the middle is the wide realm of Chahongi-Zha. In this vibrant place, many have banded together against those outer forces of conquest and oppression.
    In the realm are the Solti of the Highlands and the Karuga, the people of the Darkenald [the holes, caves, crevices and near underdark regions - not full underdark though] who range from highlands to roughlands and even to some lower lands.

In the mid ranges between low lands and uplands can be found the Do-Guhra and Drano'or, and many of the Zuhlmun and Monakee. The great woods and jumgles populate the Hamongi plateau and are inhabited by many but dominated by the Goramon. Scattered Zuhlmun and Hongiri dwell here as well.
    Here too are the beginnings of the Kindred of the Wood, the Kohtu-nomi and the Sani and PoMani, as well as the Vuhli and Talasi.

Coming lower and closer to the coasts are the great swathes of plains and river vales of Chaon grasslands. And there we find the Children of Grass and the slippery Rivervolk.
    Ultimately leading down to the cities of the Azhen Coast where folk from all over Chahongi-Zha mingle and trade in peace and reasonable harmony. There at the coasts they all blend and melt with the Children of the Waves and the ancient and somewhat illusive Tu-Atua peoples of the mist.

It is a seemingly magical land, at peace but in peril from the preying eyes of the outer lands.
    Last edited by J.Edward; 01-01-2018 at 05:05 PM.