Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Society for Exploration and Adventure of Maracasar - Guild house

ok everyone, this is the update for the Ground Floor - i will change a few details at some point. But till I finished the 1st Floor I do not want to lose myself in anymore details
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gild House GF.jpg 
Views:	1028 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	103733

That's good

If you are going to mark your work, then mark it from the outset. Make it one of the first things you put on the canvas

I've edited this comment here, because we made our comments at the same time and I didn't see your last comment. That's perfect - a really great map, Chronist. I see you have expertly remedied the spiral staircase

When you finish your map you should start a new thread for it in the Finished Maps forum, following the guidelines in this thread here.

That way it can be considered in next years Atlas Awards - the annual mapping awards.

I think it is fairly safe to say that if this is your first map, and you continue to improve from here, you may stand a chance of being nominated next year. We'll see how it goes - but you have to have your maps in the Finished Maps forum to be able to qualify for nomination
    Last edited by Mouse; 01-25-2018 at 10:08 AM.

Default update First Floor of the Guildhouse

next update:
    u see the Firstfloor -of the Society for Exploration and Adventure of Maracasar. In the right wing u have a alchmie laboratory and the private rooms othe different founder of the company. All very different types of adventurers. In the left wing there is an area for combat training and a room with many doors and traps and a large planning room. In the back wing is a dining room and the library and a veranda overlooking the sea.

Name:	Gild House 1.Floor.jpg 
Views:	281 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	103850

upcoming next is the is the flat roof with a few very special places

Oh that is every bit as attractive as the ground floor.

A beautiful map, Chronist

There's just a couple of small mistakes I can see. A few of the rugs appear to be on the wrong sheet, since they are casting a shadow as if they are on the same sheet as the chairs and tables. This is a very common mistake. I've done it myself

If you right click the hourglass icon on the left hand toolbar you can pick "Move to Sheet" and then select all the offending rugs and move them to the OBJECTS FLAT sheet (exact terminology may be slightly off - I can't open CC3 at the moment, sorry!)

Other than that, another delightful map
    Last edited by Mouse; 01-27-2018 at 04:18 PM.

thanks for the note
    on my next update i will change it
    and thnx for the compliment

You're welcome - the praise is well deserved. You have great taste in selecting fills and objects for your maps.

I can't count the number of times I accidentally pasted rugs on the wrong sheet back in the days when I used to do battle maps. Its very easy to do. I think I once made the excuse that they were flying carpets

Here is a tip that might help with the map a bit. You don't have to use it. Its just something I've picked up along the way.

If you want to give the illusion of height on the first floor and rooftop maps, you can add a new Sheet between the sheets with all the walls and interior décor, and the outside ground, and place a rectangle of one of the transparent fills (black or white, but about 10 or 20% only) on it that covers the entire map, then and add a blur sheet effect to that sheet. Just a very tiny one. Providing you've got it between the ground and the rest of the Guildhouse it should make the ground look very slightly out of focus and either darker or lighter, depending on whether you have used the black or white transparent fill.

Ok, i played a little bit with the Sheets and Blur. I put a transpaerent fill, like mouse said and a outsidewall-shadow, that gives a little more illusion, that we are in the 1st Floor plus i gave the steps down a new shade, so it looks more going down and put the rugs to the right sheet.

Name:	Gild House 1.Floor.jpg 
Views:	720 
Size:	2.71 MB 
ID:	103878

Hola dear Cartographers, here is the next update of the Society for Exploration and Adventure of Maracasar Guild house.
    I create a flat roof which is more a super sized terrace with a tavern furnishing on the left wing + a bedroom for romantic nights .
    The right wing has a big pool and the privat room for the healer, one of the founders of the guild, occupying the whole right tower.
    In the south wing is another meeting room with a fantastic view. I tried to make the terrace not so crowded (The weather influences on a roof are not to be despised)
    As u see i also changed the Garden in a more exotic one.

Name:	Gild house roof.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	936.5 KB 
ID:	104406

In the next step, I will go through all the sheets again and hopefully find a good solution for the shadow effects and then finally make a reasonable frame.

As a further addition, the vault. Which you can also see on the ground floor. the room goes down to the basement. Here the guild leaders save their personal treasures. One room contain a "big boom" trap and one a secret door & a trap

Name:	Vault 1.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	633.3 KB 
ID:	104448
    Last edited by Chronist; 02-11-2018 at 11:15 AM.

Love it!

I only wish I could afford a pad with a roof like that! LOL!

Your group are possibly the luckiest gamers ever!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast