Thread: Archipeligo map for homebrew D&D campagin

Default Archipeligo map for homebrew D&D campagin

Greetings cartographers! I'm running a homebrew D&D campaign that takes place entirely on an undiscovered island chain. I started making a map for this, and have learned quickly that I don't have the skill-set for this. Since the major themes for this campaign are exploration and discovery, I feel the map will be an important part of the story; as much as any character. I intend to reveal the map in pieces to the players as they head out into the unknown, so I very much want a quality map to show them.

I am relatively new to cartographers' guild and this is my first commission, so please feel free to point out any missing info or unrealistic requests.
    All of the below sections (except the Subject) are negotiable.

Subject
    -I will provide a rough map outline I have started to any serious bidders, as well as some brief notes I have describing locations of interest and each island's layout (two or three topography notes per island as a guide, but the details are open to artistic interpretation)

Style
    -I am looking for a colored map with some contrast between desert areas, jungle, volcanic islands, etc.
    Here are a few maps that I like the style of, though I am open to other options:

First

Second

Third

Fourth

Quality & Size
    -To be distributed digitally
    -The size of the map should be roughly 3000 x 3000 pixels and is about 20 miles per inch.
    -I would like separate maps of the 4 largest islands that are essentially cutouts of the large map with a few extra details, so not entirely new maps, just smaller standalone maps. (If this effects the time/cost calculation significantly, I can probably do this part on my own).

Time Constraints
    -No major time constraints, I would prefer to have the finished product within a month of acceptance of the commission.
    -I would like to see 4 phases:
    -Rough sketch or outline of the map including color pallet/fonts the artist intends to use. Perhaps including a single smaller island more or less completed as an example
    -50% completion for review
    -90% completion for review and finishing touches
    -Final product delivery
    If (and only if) the artist requests it, I am happy to add more phases or points of approval along the way. While I personally would love to see each step in the process and discuss every detail, I will respect the artists time on this project.

Copyright
    -The artist will maintain copyright, I only ask for reproduction rights for use in my homebrew campaign.

Payment
    -$50 upfront upon acceptance of the commission
    -$250 paid upon completion, satisfactory to both parties
    -Paid via PayPal

Please PM with questions or, if you are interested, a link to your previous work samples. Please know that I fully intend to be open and available to the artist throughout the process. This will be a low-stress process. Thank you for considering my request!

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Caenwyr's Avatar

You've got mail. Well, a PM
    Caenwyr Cartography

Check out my portfolio!

I've received several PM's thus far; thank you for so many quick replies! I'm going to give it one more day, then I'll contact my top pick. Thanks again!

Hey Carl,

I might be interested in this project. Please take a look at my portfolio at danielsmaps.com/portfolio and if you're interested you can contact me at info [ at ] danielsmaps [dot] com.

I hope to hear from you soon!

Daniel

I could also be interested in this project. Have a look at my portfolio and send me an email if you would like to talk about it more.
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

This commission has been taken. Thank you to the many mapmakers who submitted a reply, it was not an easy decision to pick just one .