Thread: Homebrew Campaign Map

Guild Member Facebook Connected

Default Homebrew Campaign Map

Hello,

I need a map that is poster quality for our new Pathfinder homebrew campaign. I can pay $50 for the map, I know that isn't a lot but it's what I can do.

About the map :

The location is an enormous lake that we are calling the 'PureLake'. This lake is the size of Lake Tanganyika and takes up the entire map. There should be no shore on the edge of the map.

Most of the lake is very shallow, about 3 feet deep. There are several island chains (feel free to place them how you wish.) The currents are used for roads and they cross near the center of the lake where the main city is built on stilts. Almost all villages and towns are wooden and built on stilts to hold them out of the shallow waters. There is an iron mine far to the north, where they have built the ground up to keep the water out. There are several springs around the lake feeding it and keeping it's water level constant. There is also a place known as 'the deeps' it is a much deeper part of the lake to the north west, basically a dark bottomless area of the lake. While not actually bottomless, it seems that way as no one can get down that far nor see the bottom like they can in the rest of the crystal clear waters.

Please let me know if you are interested, if you have any questions, or anything else.

Thanks.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected XCali's Avatar

Question

To be honest, poster quality for 50 bucks is not something I think is feasible. Taking the effort that goes into maps like these.

Having said that, I might be interested in making a map. The maps I can work on my rig is something between 3000 px and 3500 px. So the first question is, what size by what size do you want?
    Second, if you can post a VERY roughly drawn sketch of what is generally where on the map, would be a great help. Like mountains be here, or rocks be here, houses be here, or village be here. Just need to be words or scribbles really to set up the image. Then I figure out what needs to happen and fill in the blanks.

I normally do hand-drawn maps and adding elements that are hand drawn digitally.
    Secondly coloring a map is a big time investment. I don't think I want to go down that road for just 50.

I have paypal, so check out my maps in my signature and PM me if you want me take a crack at yours.
    or email me
    omriwithhope(at)gmail(dot)com
    Last edited by XCali; 01-28-2018 at 08:45 AM.

~ Maps-DriveThruRPG ~Free Maps and Assets ~Current Project ~

My web novels
    Instagram handle: instagram.com/omrihope
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ~The heavens declare the glory of God;
    the skies proclaim the work of His hands.
    Day after day they pour forth speech;
    night after night they reveal knowledge.
    ~ Psalm 19

Info

This request has been taken.

Thanks.

Also,

If anyone knows how to change the [Paid] tag to [Paid - Taken] please let me know.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by angellus00 View Post
    Also,

If anyone knows how to change the [Paid] tag to [Paid - Taken] please let me know.

Thanks.
    Already did (an admin or CL has to do it) and I'll move it to the archive as well.

-RobA>

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using Tapatalk