Thread: Recreation of The isles of Skellige map (witcher 3)

Map Recreation of The isles of Skellige map (witcher 3)

Trying out a new style, and just finished this. Any feedback is of course welcome!
    Did all drawing in photoshop and try to go for a charcoal style map. All in all took me about 12 hours to make. Please let me know what you would change, add or take away!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	skellige final.jpg 
Views:	314 
Size:	8.57 MB 
ID:	103564

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Yep... we can smell the charcoal from this one !

Good job (and quick) ! You found an interesting style and it gives a lot of character to the entire map !

The only thing I could suggest (but it’s just my opinion) is to erase the thumb line over land (as it’s navigation lines, they should be useless when your on the ground)... but it’s a beautiful map as it is !

Default A little commentary.

Sad, that people try to spread those game maps...
    BTW too charcoal-y
    Try to read books and then make proper map of Skellige Islands.

RdziuWoo, if the only thing you have to say on this forum is how much you dislike the witcher game's art departement, and for that dig through all witcher maps posted on the forum, and post disrespectufl comments for the autors of such maps, you may as well stay silent. Negative feelings never worth the time.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

RadziuWoo: as of this date, 3 out of 5 are your posts are little more than insulting diatribes. Please be respectful, watch your tone, and offer constructive criticism. Thanks!