Thread: Help!!!! Photoshop problems

Help Help!!!! Photoshop problems

Hi everyone, I'm brand new on the forums and on this site but I'm having some major issues trying to create a world map for my DnD group and thought maybe someone could help me. I found this awesome tutorial called "saderan_tutorial_v103" for photoshop by one of your members Tear from a few years ago and the product looked so good I figured I would give it a shot. I opened up Photoshop (they used 7 as this tutorial was from a few years ago and I'm using CC 2017) and it all started out fine. I made the new filed with the parameters that the tutorial asked for and then got started on rendering clouds which was fine, made a new layer as specified and then was ready to move on the to the next step. That's where everything went to hell. The instructional step says to create a New Adjustment Layer called a Threshold Adjustment Layer. Unfortunately, for some reason after following EVERYTHING I was asked to the "threshold layer" option is completely greyed out. I tried Googling an answer and found nothing. I really don't get it. I've never really used Photoshop so I don't know if there's something I'm doing wrong?

If anyone could give me a hand I would really appreciate it, this is driving me up the wall.

That's weird. Are you using the text tool, by any chance?

Can you upload a screenshot?

Have you created your file in bitmap?