Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need Roman era style towns and city maps.

Default Need Roman era style towns and city maps.

Hello Cartographers,
    My name is Jeryl, and I need a bunch of photorealistic maps all in the same style. The style should look like that of the desert where gladiatorial and slavery are in abundance. If you have seen the series of Spartacus that is what I am going for. The small town maps should have at least one tavern and inn preferably separate buildings, a church or temple, and a castle. The large town maps should have two of everything. The city map should have at least 4 taverns and inns, three churches or temples, and five castles around the edge of the city. The map sizes and quantity I need are as follows:

1. small town 1750px X 1750px. I need 5 of these. Up to $20 U.S. Dollars.
    2. Large town 3500px X 3500px. I need 3 of these. Up to $30 U.S. Dollars.
    3. Small city 7000px X 7000px. I need 1 of these. Up to $50 U.S. Dollars.

The price of your work is very important to me. I do not want you to settle for a lower price just to get some cash for the weekend. I will let you know that my price range varies for each size. I am willing to pay up to $50 us dollars for the city map, $30 dollars for a large town map, and $20 dollars for the small town maps. The small town maps are what I need first, then the large town, and finally the city.

I am not looking for high-end professional maps, but I am looking for clean lines. These maps are going to be used on the roll20 website for a Dungeons and Dragons game that I am going to run. Currently I have no money as I have not started charging for my time. You do not have to give me the images as soon as they are done. I will only get them when I pay for them, as I will only use them once I have paid for them.

Currently I am looking to start charging player's for my time in June of this year. Hopefully I have your work by the end of the year so I can run the game next year. As far as copyrights the only thing I need is permission to use them in my game. And possibly to print them if all goes well.

The last thing is I will only work with one person for all the maps. Once I have hired that person I will not go to someone else and commission other maps. Once I choose a Cartographer I would like to stay in contact with them for any other maps I may need which I will pay for at the same price as I have listed.

Thank you all for looking into my request. I know it is a lot of work and I plan on making it worth your while. If I really like your work I will give you a bonus to the base prices I have listed.

Hope to hear from someone soon. Please feel free to contact me about the commission if you have any questions at wlflord333[at]gmail[dot]com.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	redwall.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	401.4 KB 
ID:	103965  

If I may, and this is just my opinion, you might be one zero short on your pricings ...

Ferrol, Coruña, Spain, Earth, Solar System

Yes, let me agree with you ThomasR...

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

I concurr with my esteemed colleagues...

I think it might be better if you link to Torstan's original City of Redwall thread, rather than re-uploading his map. Either that or at least give him credit for it, and repeat the copyright information in his initial comment?

Thanks

oh i didn't realize maps cost so much in that case i am going to have to do them myself if i can figure out how to. there is no way that i will make that kind of money in what i plan to do. i do apologize for just reposting the picture, i will make sure i dont do it again. well thank you all for enlightening me about the prices and such i will cease bothering you now.

If you want an advice, go for efficiency over details. Your map needs to be practical before all. Also, look at maps you like and try and mimic the style. It can come pretty quickly if you allow yourself to go boldly and waste some paper sheets.

I am sorry. I didn't mean to sound unfriendly

If you want to draw the maps yourself, you could start a WIP thread, and we will do what we can to help you. Helping people doesn't cost anything other than a few minutes at a time

no you guys did not sound unfriendly i just didn't realize that they cost so much and i didn't mean to not give credit where it is due. but it seems like i am going to have to make them on my own. i will try to start a wip but i am by no means a tech person so i cant guarantee that i will get it up. i have tried before and i dont like how it turned out so i will try some more

Well, there are a lot of very helpful (and talented) people here, so start your maps and post them as WIP and I'm sure you'll get lots of useful feedback to help you along.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast