Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Mouse will be gone for a while

Guild Apprentice

Best of luck Mouse, i hope you get it fixed. The guild gets rather quiet when you're not around after all.

Mouse,

We all miss you and hope you'll be able to find a computer that's both inexpensive and fast.

FWIW, Intel has had to retract their anti-Spectre microcode patches because they're too buggy. Microsoft has issued a patch for Windows (7 through 10) which works around the problems introduced by Intel's buggy patches, but that doesn't help Linux, of course. See https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...ctre-variant-2
    Selden

Quote Originally Posted by MapMappingMapped View Post
    Oh no! Mouse is so helpful here There's very few threads around that don't give testimony to her incredible kindness and helpfulness.
    Aw, thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
    Come back quickly, the Guild without you is definitely not the same.
    And I'm not the same without the Guild!

Quote Originally Posted by Tonnichiwa View Post
    Hi Mouse, I just woke up. I'm sorry I haven't been able to help you yet but I see you were able to post one message on your PF thread anyway. I really do hope you are able to sort all this out soon as everyone misses you!
    Thank you Tony - you did more than enough anyway

Quote Originally Posted by DanielHasenbos View Post
    I hope you get everything working again soon, Mouse! It's very quiet around here, without our chatterbox!
    LOL! Its very quiet in my head without all these beautiful maps to consider

Quote Originally Posted by rdanhenry View Post
    Best of luck finding a solution, Mouse.
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Pestilence View Post
    Best of luck Mouse, i hope you get it fixed. The guild gets rather quiet when you're not around after all.
    Thanks - I'm working on it

Quote Originally Posted by selden View Post
    Mouse,

We all miss you and hope you'll be able to find a computer that's both inexpensive and fast.

FWIW, Intel has had to retract their anti-Spectre microcode patches because they're too buggy. Microsoft has issued a patch for Windows (7 through 10) which works around the problems introduced by Intel's buggy patches, but that doesn't help Linux, of course. See https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...ctre-variant-2
    Oh dear! To be honest I've kind of lost track of where I am with this. There have been too many disasters to cope with just recently with a Win 10 CU incompatibility in my case, and now the Spectre patches. All I know is that I've been dutifully updating the Intel software whenever I've been prompted to do so.

I just hope they will eventually manage to mend what they've broken!

I'M BACK!

Ironic, I know, but the latest Windows 10 patch for the total mess the Intel security update made of my machine has resolved the problem

Its great to be home

Glad to have you back, Mouse
    Hopefully we'll see some new maps coming from you soon.

Thanks John

I was finding the enforced isolation increasingly difficult to bear.

I'm thinking of finishing my city section next, though as we both know saying it and doing it are usually two quite different things

Indeed
    I'd love to spend some time on my current city section.
    I've been so deep in that challenge map and other works, I haven't had much time lately.

I'd love to see more of your section develop too.
    Those cliffs are gorgeous.

Aw thank you

Swap you some cliffs for some of your exquisite trees and buildings?

EDIT: I can't wait to see your second section completed. I just know it will be another one of your gorgeous creations - one to be poured over at leisure
    Last edited by Mouse; 02-01-2018 at 07:13 PM.

Guild Apprentice

Good to have you back Mouse.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast