Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Mouse will be gone for a while

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

*throws tiny blanket around Mouse's shoulders*

There, there. You're inside the walls now.

LOL!

*Collapses with a huge contented sigh*

Mouse said she's not coming back here because everyone smells of wee and poo.

Only kidding, she's just hit her broadband meter limit early again and she's OK, but a bit tired, and will be back tomorrow sometime hopefully

But yeah, about that wee and poo smell

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Too much nice maps uploaded ?

And the smell can’t possibly come from Switzerland...

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

I would imagine the winds flowing out of Switzerland smell of chocolate and pine needles...

Pine needles dipped in chocolate?

Hey guys

Here's a story with a moral...

I made the mistake of sharing my BB pass code with a neighbour who told me his BB was broken and asked me if I would let him contact his provider using mine - just a couple of emails to sort it out, he said. My BB 'router' is a mobile Wi-Fi dongle which apparently has such a strong signal that its visible as 5 bars to everyone in the block. Its also a lot faster than their land lines, such that I can stream HD movies online if I ever really want to.

3 days and 5 GB later I worked out that I didn't have any adware on my machine, but that someone else was using my BB to download a ton of stuff, so I set my BB to only one user and changed my routine so that the router is only switched on when my machine is on, and never left on at any other time.

Nothing has been said. I can't prove the theft of my broadband so there's no point in challenging anyone. He just can't use it any more, and I will 'have problems with it' if he ever asks again.

The damage was done for this month, though (my BB month runs from 21st of each month to the next), and I was down to just 10 MB of my allowance at 6pm yesterday evening.

The moral of this story is: always somehow... er... 'mislay' your pass code if a 'friend' asks to borrow your BB for 5 minutes - even if that friend quite happily brings your bins back into the car park whenever you forget them!

People are so very strange!

Joel - I wonder if there's a market for chocolate pine nuts?

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

There’s always a market for anything with chocolate...

And it’s vey bad when you help people and they use you ! I hope karma will take care of this person !

Boissard's chocolate pine nuts

I'm sure karma will do its job - is already. Its raining cats and dogs out there, and he's left his bike propped up underneath the broken bit of my storm drain again

It<s a sad story.
    We all have stories about our neighbours.
    I know I would never share my connection because I can hardly manage to stay under my monthly limit.
    On a typical day, I use about 3-4 GB of data (on average) and I don't do anything fancy.
    I could lower it but I'm already trying to avoid downloading unnecessary data.

So your neighbour use a phone line for his internet? I heard it was slow as hell and that was a few years ago (likely more than 10 years).
    At least he has unlimited capacity.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast