Thread: How do we tell whether a post was accepted or not?

Default How do we tell whether a post was accepted or not?

When posting as a new member before we have reached the threshold of five accepted posts, how do we tell whether a post has yet been accepted?

(I looked at one recent post and I am not seeing where it indicates if the message has yet been accepted.)

Thanks

Hi TavernMage

You are currently showing just 1 post, so I guess the others haven't yet been accepted? Your post count is shown underneath your join date and name on the left of each comment you make.

Its a bit inconvenient, I know, but the Guild would be blitzed all over the place by spammers if it wasn't being properly controlled

EIDT: I can see from your profile that you have also made a photo comment on one of Gogots's maps. I don't think photo comments are counted.

And since I've read that comment I can say that a better way to contact Gogots is to Private Message him/her, but you won't be able to do that until you have made 5 comments out here on the forum.

You could increase your count by another one just by saying 'Hi. this is who I am and what I do' in the Member Introduction area? Maybe more than that if you end up striking up a conversation with others on that thread.

Another way is to get involved with some of the discussions going on right now in the Activity Stream by showing an interest in other people's threads?

EDIT2: Also, since Gogots hasn't been logged in since April 2017, you may be in for quite a wait (unless he/she is a regular lurker without bothering to log in)

May I suggest that if you want some mapping work done you might like to broaden your horizons a bit by starting a commission thread here in the Mapmaking Requests forum, after reading the rules in this thread here? That way you may get a quicker response from a whole range of very talented artists, and you could even include a hyperlink to that map of Gogots's that you like so much as an example of the style you want
    Last edited by Mouse; 02-02-2018 at 01:04 PM.