Thread: how do i make roads on a city map that already has buildings

Default how do i make roads on a city map that already has buildings

i thought i had finished a map, Ki'Bair, the one thing i did not do is put in roads and streets. i have the buildings in already and need to know how to put roads in after the fact. any suggestions?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ki'Bair Final.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	2.57 MB 
ID:	104776  

It looks like you already have roads, they just aren't a different color/texture.

You have main roads leading from each city gate to the center of town, and they are plenty wide.

The various city areas are divide by secondary roads, and they look wide enough for two horsemen (or camel riders) to pass going in opposite directions. And wide enough for hand carts and horse-drawn wagons.

And the rows of buildings are separated by streets. Yes, they are narrow, but pedestrian traffic doesn't need wide roads. By today's modern standards, they'd be alleys, one-way alleys. But they do look wide enough for horsemen; don't know about camels, I've never ridden one. But people in the crowded sections of the town won't have horses or camels. Only the people in the rich areas can afford them (and have the space for them).

If you really want to make the roads / streets / alleys obvious, put a color/texture layer(s) down to fill those existing routes.
    Last edited by bkh1914; 02-22-2018 at 07:28 PM.