Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Very Belated Critical Role Fan Art

RE: mixerbach: You're Welcome, and Thank You!

I extrapolated this mansion from 2D blueprints before the Mighty Nein repurposed the dwelling and called it Xhorhaus, hence the Manse of the Might Nein:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mighty_Nein_Manse-1.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	1.84 MB 
ID:	116343
    Hinterland Mapview

Follow me on Twitter: @SonOfJoxer

Just needs the tree growing out of the top of it now!

Quote Originally Posted by QED42 View Post
    Just needs the tree growing out of the top of it now!
    Seconded, the tree with Xhourhas lighting on it would really show this off as the Mighty Nein's new home.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

RE: QED42 & JGroeling: Ask and ye shall receive! This is really more of an Essek portrait, but I finally added the tree on top for that proper Xhorhaus look:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Essek_Rosohna_Xhorhaus_01.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	555.7 KB 
ID:	119923
    Hinterland Mapview

The moment when the trapped souls of the Somnovem were finally released is probably the most epic moment in Critical Role history that the rest of Exandria will never even know about. Cognouza Requiem:

Hinterland Mapview

Default looks gorgeous

[QUOTE=NoneTheWiser;368034]My schedule doesn't permit me to Watch the Critical Role D&D series live, but I've been catching up by listing to the CR Podcast while I'm at work. I was really taken in by Matt Mercer's descriptions of the Underdark early on in the Vox Machina series, so here is some very belated fan art:

Attachment 104373

Attachment 104374

Modeled and rendered in SketchUp, painted and finished in Photoshop:[/QUO
    This map looks gorgeous

Here's some Jrusar Fan Art to Celebrate the Premiere of Critical Role Campaign 3:

Attachment 131829

Attachment 131830

Attachment 131831

Shout Out to the Critical Role Wiki for providing a list of all the Jrusar landmarks unveiled thus far!
    Hinterland Mapview

Attachment 136243

This pic of "Jrusar vs. Ruidus" was inspired by Mercer's description of the city from C3E64 "Reunited." I made some modifications to the original SketchUp model: I relocated the Prakash Pyre to the shortest spire (next to the temple) since Mercer eventually identified the shortest one as the Lantern Spire. I added more gondola lifts and made a couple more airship variants. The red moon, Ruidus, would appear to be different sizes depending upon which hemisphere of the planet you're on, now that the moon is magically tethered in some sort of geosynchronous orbit. So I made the moon as large as I wanted for scenic lighting purposes.

Otherwise, what makes Jrusar such a difficult illustration is the fog. It's described as being at the bottom of a bowl-shaped valley, so the fog is fairly constant since the moisture has nowhere to escape to. But I wanted the jungle to show through the fog since it's the most important regional landscape feature. I envisioned the fog reflecting a bright pink color because of the bright red moon filing much of the sky (and to contrast with the silhouettes of the spires). The aurora-borealis / leyline-nexus around the moon was an afterthought, but I'm pleased with the way it turned out.
    Hinterland Mapview

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12