Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: City map of Simiones

You've done a lovely work!

Like Thomas, the top-notch color palette & friendly to read reminded me of Max maps. Great work on this!
    The general city plan is also very pleasant.

I'm with Kelleri about the 2 styles clashing, though. The detailed buildings are nice, but not really fitting with the rest.
    Overall, a very good one!

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Vey nice map ! I specially like the whole layout : map and building. I love your color scheme too ! It gives a very special ambiance ! Nice job !

Guild Novice

Wow thank you everyone ! I wasn't expecting such a good feedback for a first attempt (and thank you also to whomever featured it on the facebook page last sunday ! What an honor !)

Default Nice work!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiphs View Post
    Hello ! New map, for the Judges Cycle series, by Aidan Russell.
    Actually my very first attempt at drawing a city map, not sure if I'll keep this style in the future.

Attachment 104802

Made with Photoshop ~12h (so many time to figure out how to make everything and find a "nice" style)
    First of all, thank you for this piece of beauty!
    I am a book writer in the software programming domain, combining technical staff with storytelling.
    I hope you would allow me get inspiration from your beautiful map for a digaram I am designing.
    Best regards.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiphs View Post
    Hello ! New map, for the Judges Cycle series, by Aidan Russell.
    Actually my very first attempt at drawing a city map, not sure if I'll keep this style in the future.

Attachment 104802

Made with Photoshop ~12h (so many time to figure out how to make everything and find a "nice" style)

Loving the subtle differences of colour between the districts - makes it somehow easier to understand

Thankyou for sharing

Looks great.
    Reminds me of a generator I've seen before, can't recall the name, but better.

A suggestion, if I may, if you're on Photoshop I'd suggest using a Bevel and emboss layer style to the rooftops. If you play with the settings a bit you'll add a lot of depth to the buildings. I'd make it pretty subtle, as to not overpower the look you're going for.

Regardless of my suggestion, great work!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12