Thread: The Ketaxil Peninsula

Guild Apprentice

Default The Ketaxil Peninsula

I just got a new computer and whilst transferring files over I came across this map I did a while ago and decided to dust it off. It was the first attempt I'd made at a map that looked as if it could have been made in universe and I was quite happy with it but it had no labels. So I drew a few in... I'm not sure I like them very much, though, so any tips would be appreciated. Turns out hand drawing these things is hard! And yes they are in universe labels, those two differing scripts do mean something. (This is part of the continental map I posted recently, zoomed in to the area I'm actually telling stories in at the moment.)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xmarks_labeltest.png 
Views:	119 
Size:	5.26 MB 
ID:	104826

And just for fun here's an atlas style map of the same area I've been working on.

Name:	ketaxil_atlas.png 
Views:	112 
Size:	1.74 MB 
ID:	104828

Both are GIMP/Inkscape combos.

Oh! Both look really nice! The first one is a style I've never seen before - and it's gorgeous!

Guild Expert

These look great, you’re atlas style map is particularly nice, I love the coast line.

That's some amazing work there.

Both maps are amazing! I really like the script on the first map - it looks very interesting and I would love to see more of the alphabet.

Very nice work on those, Kalium!

Guild Apprentice

Still tweaking the atlas style one. I named those two random nations over to the east there... don't know a whole lot about them just yet. I'm not sure at what point I want to call this one finished. There's probably a bunch of other nations out there, but I don't want to rush in and add things for the sake of them being there. Also this version doesn't have the texture over the land, I'm not sure if it looks better or worse?

Name:	ketaxil_atlas.png 
Views:	43 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	105792

For the stylised one, I think I might redo it. It's kind of old and low res so editing it isn't easy, and I could use some more practice on non-atlas styles.