Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: New Eldoran

Wip New Eldoran

I'm working again on my Eldoran setting, doing many changes and using my new skills to develop it (doing some illustrations and letting my delirium go further ).
    One of the thing is that I wanted to go back to a previous idea of a 2 suns system. The primary star is more a light provider than anything else, the additional warmth being almost constant and coming into play only when there's a 0, 1 or 2 suns configuration (with a slight change then).
    The secondary star (hence the closest) is providing much of the warmth and is the only one to consider for seasons.
    Here's a general sketch, I'll probably do a proper map of it.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	YlleionLjos SysSketch.jpeg 
Views:	297 
Size:	1.81 MB 
ID:	104941

And I finally decided to redo the general map. So, Since I'm not starting from zero again and rely on stuff I already wrote, the general continents are necessarily close to the old world map. I added things and I'm not borrowing anything here though (apart from paleo earth stuffs & actual earth/venus/mars things).

I'm looking forward to read what you think of it!

Name:	New Eldoran.jpeg 
Views:	576 
Size:	10.94 MB 
ID:	104942

And for once, I did manage to do a polar continent that looks interesting when projected.

Name:	Eldoran Sp.png 
Views:	227 
Size:	1.96 MB 
ID:	104944
    Last edited by Ilanthar; 02-27-2018 at 10:02 AM. Reason: The picture of the world is reduced.. The original is 7400x3700 and too big for download.

I'm pretty amazed by the look of your coastlines. I feel I recognize, not copies, but inspiration of earth continents and the three (land) parts is skillfully avoiding a crowded world, kudos for that. The color scheme is brilliant and I cannot wait to see the next steps. Do you plan to do a top-down map or something more classic pseudo iso fantasy one ?

Guild Apprentice

Those are some nice continents! Familiar, yet otherworldly, and some nice complex shapes. Looking forward to seeing where this goes.

Well, as a fan of all the older Eldoran maps, i will certainly be on board for this new journey, so to speak

I always loved the shapes of the continents and i am curious as to how you will "fill them in" this time.
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Nice land shape. Will keep an eye on your progress, Ilanthar.
    Cheers.

Thanks a lot everyone!
    I wasn't sure the coastlines are not too much detailed for a world map.

@Thomas : three lands? There are 7 continents with the new polar one, but I guess you're talking about the 3 vertical couples, I guess. The setting is going as far as a techno-magical pseudo 19th century, so I plan to do a top-down map again, but with better details. I think I may reverse the process and go from bottom to top (regions to continent to world...).

@Kalium : thanks! I may begin by local maps, actually.

@Eilathen : so, you're not rejecting the new version? Cool! There will be some (necessary) similarities with the lands, but I will underline more the special and fantastic features if I can.

@Kacey & Walin : thanks for liking the new land shapes, that's reassuring .

And... I actually took time to develop more the system view... Not done yet, but some steps done.

Views:	141 
Size:	4.40 MB 
ID:	104980
    Don't hesitate to critic!

Nice! The layout so far looks really good. I'm looking forward to watching this one come together.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    I'm working again on my Eldoran setting, doing many changes and using my new skills to develop it (doing some illustrations and letting my delirium go further ).
    One of the thing is that I wanted to go back to a previous idea of a 2 suns system. The primary star is more a light provider than anything else, the additional warmth being almost constant and coming into play only when there's a 0, 1 or 2 suns configuration (with a slight change then).
    The secondary star (hence the closest) is providing much of the warmth and is the only one to consider for seasons.
    Here's a general sketch, I'll probably do a proper map of it.

Views:	297 
Size:	1.81 MB 
ID:	104941

And I finally decided to redo the general map. So, Since I'm not starting from zero again and rely on stuff I already wrote, the general continents are necessarily close to the old world map. I added things and I'm not borrowing anything here though (apart from paleo earth stuffs & actual earth/venus/mars things).

I'm looking forward to read what you think of it!

Name:	New Eldoran.jpeg 
Views:	576 
Size:	10.94 MB 
ID:	104942

And for once, I did manage to do a polar continent that looks interesting when projected.

Name:	Eldoran Sp.png 
Views:	227 
Size:	1.96 MB 
ID:	104944
    The map and continent shapes look great, my only criticism would be that , and only if the idea is an Earthlike world , that there is too much land and too little ocen making the overal world a bit of cluttered with landforms , but then its totally plausible to have a dry world with less watern than land.
    The Antarctic continent reminds me a lot of Antarctica.

That's what I meant Your layouts are always well thought, kudos for that.

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast