Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Ittara, Commission-maybe.

The only bit I'm unsure about is you have gone with a 3D effect on the roofs and the mountain but not for example on the town walls or the trees.

Quote Originally Posted by QED42 View Post
    The only bit I'm unsure about is you have gone with a 3D effect on the roofs and the mountain but not for example on the town walls or the trees.
    Thanks QED42, that's a valid point and looking at it like that it does seem a little off, though it still works and is, IMO, still visually appealing. I didn't do a bevel on the trees because at print scale, the map is for print at Letter size, that detail was lost. As for the thick walls I didn't bevel them because a) TBH I didn't think of it and b) (for rationalisation only) it's an open wall with crenellations on the tower and I don't have the talent and wasn't prepared to spend any more time on it to do it better. The map already took way longer than it should've for what I'm getting paid.

I've submitted all 3 maps to the publisher and he's happy with them, so I'll be posting them (I did correct the city map as there is an error with the labelling) and posting them in the finished map section shortly.

Thank you to everyone that commented.
    Glory is the reward of valour.

My blog at: damonjynx.blogspot.com.au

Finished Maps

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234