Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Map from the Witcher

Map Map from the Witcher

Hello fellow cartographers, long time no see.

I've just finished my first digital map and I would love to hear you guys' feedback.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	daan-genechten-witcher-art.jpg 
Views:	318 
Size:	1.89 MB 
ID:	105076

The world of the witcher is based on the novels by andrezj Sapkowski.

Here's my artstation profile so you can see my older version of the map: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/Y0PNq

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Very good job for your first digital map ! Very consistent and you took good care of details !

If I wanted to be picky, I would say that the bevel is a bit too strong (the angle is too harsh.... ? Sorry for my poor english...), but it's only my opinion, the map looks beautiful !

Thanks for the Reply - JO -, the beauty about going digital is that I can try things I couldnt before, Ill try lowering the bevel opacity or height a bit, thanks for the suggestion!

Hey dvg, i really love your handdrawn maps and it's great to see you exploring the digital mapping realm too. I like the colours a lot (ok except the title colour, it looks a bit too neon-green to my taste and the forest symbols work very well.
    Regarding the mountains, in some of the ranges the individual peaks could be more accentuated. The ridgeline are in part relatively straight over a long distance. In my view they could be more zig-zagged or curved, so that it looks more like a connection between individual peaks.
    Looking forward to see more of your work!
    Map is not territory...
    Current work in progress:Korobrom | My finished maps
    My DeviantArt site and Twitter

The border is great, the bevel effect on the coasts ans riverbeds is a bit strong but it's a neat idea. £My only criticism would be that this bevel effect clashes a bit with the mountains. All in all a pretty nice map.

Yes, I agree the bevel would look better if it was a bit more subtle. Also Witcher maps are <3.
    My new Deviant-thing. I finally caved.

I'm with everyone else regarding the bevel. However the overall composition, colors and illustrations are solid. Nice work.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Thanks for the great feedback guys! I am getting on it right away. I'll leave the mountains for the next map but I certainly agree with Abu Lafia, they're somewhat unnatural.
    Man I love this community!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast