Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Eldoran Astronomical View

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

My god, so many thinking for such a beautiful map ! You probably spent more time figuring out the celestial mechanism than drawing it ? Did you had some scientific help ? For me, it’s mind blowing (especially the part where you figure out the position of the three moon every important days of the year... and then you added two suns, just to add some fun ? I’m filled with admiration for such a work !

I know precisely squat about astronomy or anything space related, but this is a gorgeous piece. The light gold hue sits just beautifully on the blue backround, the harmony is simply gorgeous. I could stare at this all day.

... it occurs to me I'm always commenting on the colors of everyone's maps. I'm a color person, OK!?
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

That's a really inspiring design!

The map is beautiful and has some kind of an old school feeling. I love it and just wish I had more astronomical knowledge to understand the content better.

Nice work with the overlay! The overhaul have a kinda mystic atmosphere, an interesting mix for some space map theme. can't rep you yet for this beauty but for sure your map deserves some rep!

By - Jo -
    My god, so many thinking for such a beautiful map ! You probably spent more time figuring out the celestial mechanism than drawing it ? Did you had some scientific help ? For me, it’s mind blowing (especially the part where you figure out the position of the three moon every important days of the year... and then you added two suns, just to add some fun ? I’m filled with admiration for such a work !
    Merci Joel ! I spent a lot of time to figure out the phases of the moon Cybele, true. I had to do some sketches with geometry & angles for sorted it out. Before I start, I thought it would be simple because I chose exact numbers (a year of 360 days, ten times Séléné's period, 5 times Ipocrene's period, 8 times Cybele's period), but I realized only when the map was started that Cybele had not the same phases than the others because it orbits Séléné in a classic way...
    I've always wanted to have two suns for this setting, but I dropped it for convenience. I'm choosing the 2 suns this time and just ignore the possible effect on seasons due to Ylleïon.

By Kelleri
    I know precisely squat about astronomy or anything space related, but this is a gorgeous piece. The light gold hue sits just beautifully on the blue backround, the harmony is simply gorgeous. I could stare at this all day.
    ... it occurs to me I'm always commenting on the colors of everyone's maps. I'm a color person, OK!?
    Thanks a lot, Kelleri ! And don't worry, I'm a color person too, I think .

By Wired
    That's a really inspiring design!
    Thanks a lot Wired ! I have the feeling that I could have fill a bit more some empty spaces... but well, I spent enough time on it & the main data are on it, so...

By Neyasha
    The map is beautiful and has some kind of an old school feeling. I love it and just wish I had more astronomical knowledge to understand the content better.
    Thanks, Neyasha ! It's more a representation than an accurate map, anyway. There is no consistent scale concerning planets/moons distance, for example.

By Francissimo
    Nice work with the overlay! The overhaul have a kinda mystic atmosphere, an interesting mix for some space map theme. can't rep you yet for this beauty but for sure your map deserves some rep!
    Merci François ! Glad you find a mystic atmosphere in it. I remix some alchemical symbols, notably. And don't worry about the rep .

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Greg's Avatar

Very elegant looking piece, Ilanthar, keep 'em coming!

By Greg
    Very elegant looking piece, Ilanthar, keep 'em coming!
    Thanks a lot, Greg ! And that's my intent .

I'll rewrite what I said on ArtStation here : This map deserves to be published ! Que foutent les éditeurs de JDR français ??

Guild Adept

Que c'est beau! Amazing job!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast