Thread: [Award Winner] My atlas style in PS

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Ok, this is pretty easy but if you've very little experience with Photoshop then I'll go through the Color Picker. The pic shows the screen and I'll go through what the various letters mean.

HSB stands for Hue, Saturation, and Brightness. This is one way to pick a color.

RGB stands for Red, Green, and Blue. This is another way to pick colors and is the one I use.

Lab stands for Lightness, color a, and color b. This one is difficult for me to work with so I never use it. It's supposed to mimic human vision by mixing two colors and then adjusting the lightness of the mix.

CMYK stands for Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, and blacK. This is another way to pick colors, mostly use in print media.

#000000 stands for the hex code value...a number that has been assigned to the various billions of colors...00000 being black, FFFFFF is white, FF0000 is red, etc etc.

In my tuts I give you the RGB numbers, so just type those in next to the respective letter. I also give the hex code and you can just copy/paste that in.

If you cannot add any color whatsoever then you might be in grayscale mode so at the top of the screen click on Image-Mode and make sure that you are in RGB mode.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screenie.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	110.7 KB 
ID:	14944  
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps